This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Be sure to listen to our latest episode of “Bungalower and the Bus” HERE. It’s a fun weekly conversation of the week’s top headlines, over beers! You can catch it live on Real Radio 104.1 at 9 p.m. every Friday.
Get our Top Ten in your inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.
- The U.S. Chamber of Commerce ranked Orlando as the third most food truck-friendly city in the country.
- The Milk District is getting a bodega/coffee shop/beer house on South Street.
- Eyes on the Street: Aardvark beverages is opening a restaurant.
- Ask Bungalower: What’s happening at the corner of Minnesota and Orlando? Clue – it has something to do with fried chicken.
- Orlando has already had three deadly house fires this year so the Fire Department is handing out free smoke alarms.
- Orlando is getting a vegan Mexican restaurant, as long as they nail their cheese recipe.
- New designs were submitted for that Class A office remodel of the former AT&T building by the old Firestone.
- “Volusia wants the trains to run on time . . . and time is running out.” – West Volucia Beacon
- “How Orlando is quickly becoming one of America’s biggest tech hubs.” – Cheddar
- “10 Orlando Places to Explore Together by @orlandoissleeping.” – Orlando Date Night Guide
- “Urban bike trails in cities like Indianapolis, Dallas and Atlanta are proving to have rich economic benefits to city neighborhoods.” – T4AMERICA BLOG
- Rental Roundup: 12 homes you can rent for under $1,500. – Bungalower
- Class C office building in Mills 50 is for sale for under $400,000. – Bungalower
- “Morgan & Morgan is suing Facebook.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Holocaust Memorial Center to move downtown.” – Orlando Weekly
- “New Census data shows Orlando among top metros for population growth.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “Verax to build medical complex in Winter Park.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “Local cafes grow with new coffee wave.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “2,100+ SF cul-de-sac home in Buena Ventura asking $286,000.”
- “Metropolitan penthouse with views of Lake Eola bandshell wants $449,000.”
- “Snatch up this Delaney Park home for $375,000.”
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 3/26: HERstory: The Fashion Show (Downtown)
- Tuesday 3/27: ReThinking Innovation in Public Transportation (North Quarter)
- Tuesday 3/27: Cult Classics/Science on Screen: The Black Hole (Maitland)
- Thursday 3/29: Urbanist Social Hour (Parramore)
- Friday 3/30: Orlando Critical Mass (Ivanhoe Village)
- Friday 3/30: Art31: Fiber Finale (Maitland)