SPONSORED by Ivanhoe Park Brewing: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Be sure to listen to our latest episode of “Bungalower and the Bus” HERE. It’s a fun weekly conversation of the week’s top headlines, over beers! You can catch it live on Real Radio 104.1 at 9 p.m. every Friday.
Get our Top Ten in your inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.
- Curry Ford is going down to two lanes for a month to test a new bike lane and so far everyone hates it (at least online).
- Orlando is getting a Major Arena Soccer League, in Kissimmee. They’re taking name suggestions too.
- Tako Cheena is taking over the kitchen at Stonewall Bar in Parramore.
- That empty lot across from the Orange County Courthouse is getting a massive new development called the “Golden Sparrow.”
- There’s a secret coffee shop coming to the Milk District and they don’t want to tell you where they are.
- New bar called Grumpy’s now open in Mills 50.
- UCF is celebrating the arts with free and low-cost events all week in Downtown Orlando.
- 11-unit townhome coming to Thornton Park at Robinson and Hyer.
- “Pulse shooting survivors sue Google, Facebook, Twitter for ‘providing support and resources to ISIS’” – Watermark
- “Orlando near top for lack of affordable rentals.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “New law makes it easier for Florida property owners to kick people off the beach.” – Orlando Weekly
- “SushiPop opening new location in Winter Park.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Gideon’s Bakehouse expands with new warehouse kitchen.” – Bungalower
- “Help Orlando win $20,000 for a local park.” – Bungalower
- “New partnership to help Orlando fintech firm Fattmerchant grow.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “Clothing designer seeks to fill need for Muslim women.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Izea’s accounting errors intentional or reckless, new lawsuits say.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Snatch up this home on Bass Lake for $474,000.”
- “Five-bedroom College Park estate on Lake Adair wants $939,000.”
- “Five-bedroom home in Wadeview Park asking $639,000.”
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 4/9: Hotsauce – Fresh Indie Improv (Mills 50)
- Wednesday 4/11: 4th Annual Art of Happiness (Audubon Park)
- Wednesday 4/11: Orlando Magic vs. Washington Wizards (Parramore)
- Wednesday 4/11: Yaasss! The Party – Indie Pop Night (Ivanhoe Village)
- Thursday 4/12: Nerd Nite Orlando – World Space Party (Winter Park)
- Friday 4/13: Rollins College Student/Faculty Exhibitions Celebration (Winter Park)
- Friday 4/13: Greenwood Cemetery Tour (Greenwood)
- Friday 4/13: Beer and Fear print pARTy (Winter Park)
- Friday 4/13: RuPaul’s Naomi Smalls and DJ Dani Toro at Blackstar (Downtown)