This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Be sure to listen to our latest episode of “Bungalower and the Bus” HERE. It’s a fun weekly conversation of the week’s top headlines, over beers! You can catch it live on Real Radio 104.1 at 9 p.m. every Friday.
Get our Top Ten in your inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.
- Claddagh Cottage Irish Pub has finally opened in their new Hourglass District home.
- Colonial Drive was closed under the new I-4 Ultimate bridge last week but has since reopened. Here’s why.
- Looking to move? There’s a new match-making website that pairs you up with your perfect Orlando neighborhoods.
- Rental Roundup: 17 homes that you can rent for under $1,500We rounded up .
- Fresh Kitchen will open their new SoDo District location on May 7.
- A new coworking space is opening in the under-construction Church Street Plaza.
- “Medieval Times Orlando’s First Queen Is Queer Feminist Burlesque Performer Eveleena Fults.” – Miami New Times
- “Orlando joins lawsuit challenging gun legislation.” – WMFE
- “FEMA grants last-minute extension for displaced Puerto Rican families in Florida.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Orlando demand grows for Puerto Rican food, beer.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “How UCF Alumni Are Building a More Sustainable Orlando.” – UCF Today
- “Call to Artists: Milk District wants you to design their new banners.” – Bungalower
- “Here’s what Agave Azul Winter Park will look like.” – The Daily City
- “UCF is really going to do it.” – Orlando Weekly
- “[PAYWALL] Camden buys downtown Orlando site, will lead completion of multifamily project.” – GrowthSpotter
- “[PAYWALL] Design plans for proposed downtown trio of towers revamped — with a sheath of plants and more.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “Results of first-ever Central Florida Regional Count of Youth Homelessness.” – West Orlando News
- “Curry Ford temporary “road diet” provokes praise — and middle finger.” – Orlando Sentinel
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 4/23: Grand Opening – Luxury Chamber of Commerce (Thornton Park)
- Tuesday 4/24: Pink – Beautiful Trauma World Tour (Parramore)
- Wednesday 4/25: Free Bicycle Repair Clinic (Ivanhoe Village)
- Wednesday 4/25: Town Hall – Growth or Gridlock (Maitland)
- Friday 4/27: Florida Wildflower Symposium (Maitland)
- Friday 4/27: Mozart’s Muses – An Evening of Opera and Burlesque (South Eola)
- Friday 4/27: Orlando Critical Mass (Ivanhoe Village)
- Friday 4/27: Luminosities – A Nighttime, Outdoor Art Experience (Winter Park)