The City of Orlando will host free swimming lessons at five local community pools on Thursday, June 21 as part of a global effort to reduce the risk of drowning.
The event is being hosted by hundreds of communities around the world, inviting participants to dive in for a 30-minute swimming lesson in the same 24-hour period.
Participating community pools include:
- Northwest Neighborhood Center Pool, 3955 W.D. Judge Drive
- Dr. James R. Smith Neighborhood Center Pool, 1745 Bruton Boulevard
- College Park Neighborhood Center Pool, 2411 Elizabeth Avenue
- John Long Pool at the Colonialtown Neighborhood Center, 1218 North Fern Creek Avenue
- Wadeview Neighborhood Center Pool, 2177 South Summerlin Avenue