This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Also, ICYMI, we now have a weekly segment on FOX 35’s Good Day Extra, appearing every Monday morning around 9:30 a.m. to break down the top stories of the week. Be sure to tune in!
Get our Top Ten in your inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- The results are in from that Curry Ford road diet demonstration that everyone hated.
- If you live in Colonialtown, Milk, Coy Town, or Audubon, this free-range punk chicken is all anyone was talking about last week.
- SunTrust is moving out of their self-named tower in Downtown Orlando.
- Frosty’s Christmastime Lounge is chopping off the back bar to make way for a new concept called Fuel.
- The Phuoc Loc Tho Super Oriental Market has downsized their Mills 50 shop to make room for a new Vietnamese-owned electronics store.
- WPRK is still in an antenna-less Limbo. because hurricanes and eagles.
- “Pulse Nightclub site becomes a powerful memorial.” – Forbes
- “Will the World Cup be coming back to Orlando?” – Florida Today
- “Orlando City parts ways with manager Jason Kreis.” – ESPN
- “Hey dumbasses, Orlando actually has great restaurants.” – Orlando Weekly
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- “City’s new ‘Permitting Express’ program helps Ivanhoe Eyeglass Shop.” – The Daily City
- “Orlando area renters need to earn at least $34,000 to afford a studio apartment.” – Orlando Weekly
- [PAYWALL] “Downtown Orlando apt building owner challenges approval of tri-tower plans.” – GrowthSpotter
- [PAYWALL] “Winter Park coffee shop to open downtown store at Church Street Market.” – GrowthSpotter
- “Alfond Inn eyes expansion project.” – Winter Park/Maitland Observer
- “Inside the list: Here’s a closer look at Orlando’s oldest landmarks.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “LYNX celebrating 25-years of service with a months-long party.” – Bungalower
- “Call to Artists: Orange County’s “Sculpture on the Lawn” program wants your stuff.” – Bungalower
- “Call to Artists: Orlando Vintage Clothing and Costume hosting a fundraiser for Dave’s House.” – Bungalower
- “First Green Bank has been purchased by Seacoast Banking Co.” – Bungalower
FEATURED REAL ESTATE:
- “Beautious box of a home from the seventies wants $719,000.”
- “Classic Colonialtown home asking $379,000.”
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Tuesday 6/19: Cask and Larder Tap Takeover at Pizza Bruno (Curry Ford)
- Tuesday 6/19: SandwichEatUp at Caro Bama BBQ (College Park)
- Tuesday 6/19: Deep Sea Rave (Parramore)
- Wednesday 6/20: Central Florida Poverty Conference (Ivanhoe Village)
- Thursday 6/21: 3rd Thursday Gallery Hop (Downtown)
- Thursday 6/21: A Night Out with Chelsea Handler (Downtown)
- Friday 6/22: Party in the Parking Lot (Ivanhoe Village)