Sponsored: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
If you missed us on Real Radio 104.1 this past Friday, you can still listen to our 72nd episode of “Bungalower and the Bus” HERE.
Get our Top Ten in your inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- The owners of the Sanctum Restaurant announced a new sister restaurant coming to Downtown Winter Park this fall.
- The Orlando Housing Authority is going to demolish the troubled Griffin Park development, only a few months after a scathing Huffington Post article.
- A new pizza and lobster concept is taking over the kitchen at Orange County Brewing.
- Ivanhoe Brewing Co. announced their soft opening will be held on Friday, June 29 at 4 p.m. We’ll be there.
- SunRail released an updated schedule for their new southern stations with later service hours.
- “Brightline high-speed passenger train gets Orange County OK to lay tracks in wetlands.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “NFL announces Orlando to host 2019 Pro Bowl.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “‘Johnny Reb’ Confederate statue in Orlando has rainbow, transgender flags buried in base along with Old Glory, Stars and Bars.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Officials taking bids for Orlando-Tampa high-speed rail.” – US News
- “Orlando City falls to Montreal Impact, extends seven-game MLS losing streak.” – Pro Soccer USA
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- “Bryan Cranston in town filming Disney movie.” – Bungalower
- “Orlando Information Center getting Netflix-worthy makeover.” – Bungalower
- “New app matches homeowners with service providers.” – Bungalower
- “Winter Park bringing back Jaws in popular Dive-In movie series.” – Bungalower
- “Orlando’s best dining thrills are outside the parks.” – Philly.com
- “Florida Hospital and ORMC Will Get More Than the $28 Million They’re Already Getting From State.” – The Daily City
- “Vendors announced for new food truck park coming to Milk District.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Big beer companies are pushing Florida craft beers out of Publix.” – Orlando Weekly
- “M Lounge owners expanding with new catering kitchen in Ivanhoe Village.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Rainbow flag at College Park cafe, Osceola County admin building vandalized.” – Watermark
- “The Center Orlando to bring LGBTQ children’s books to the community.” – Watermark
- [PAYWALL] “Rollins College & Winter Park consider partnering on new campus parking garage“.” – GrowthSpotter
- [PAYWALL] “Downtown Orlando midrise nears full occupancy with newest tenant in long-vacant space.” – Orlando Business Journal
FEATURED REAL ESTATE:
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Tuesday 6/26: ReThinking the City – Founders Day Celebration (North Quarter)
- Tuesday 6/26: Cult Classics – Full Metal Jacket (Maitland)
- Thursday 6/28: History in a Glass – King Celery (Downtown)
- Thursday 6/28: Queer Quills – Summer Reading Club (Mills 50)
- Friday 6/29: Vintage Blow-Out Sale (Mills 50)
- Friday 6/29: June Memorial Mass – Remembering the 49 (Ivanhoe Village)
- Friday 6/29: Grey Gardens 1 Year Anniversary Party (College Park)