Sponsored by Olde Town Brokers: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
If you missed us on Real Radio 104.1 this past Friday, you can still listen to our 73rd episode of “Bungalower and the Bus” HERE.
Get our Top Ten in your inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- The CityArts Factory is going to move into the historic Rogers-Kiene Building.
- The City’s contract with Amazon for their facial recognition pilot program has ended.
- The latest, most-Instagrammable spot in town, Craft and Common, has opened in the former Java Lava space in Downtown Orlando.
- Tin and Taco just opened their second Orlando location, on Michigan in the SODO District.
- A new DIY donut shop is opening on East Michigan Street where you choose your own toppings.
- Cinco Tacos + Tequila is opening in the former home of Carmel Restaurant in Winter Park.
- Orange County Brewing is opening a new contract brewing facility by Creative Village.
- “Puerto Rico evacuees reunited with their dogs in Orlando.” – WFTV
- “Former Lion will become Orlando City Soccer Club’s new head coach.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Brightline eyes Orlando to Tampa route.” – SunSentinel
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- “Orlando Ballet hires new Executive Director.” – Bungalower
- “Olea Mezze Grill announces an opening date.” – Bungalower
- “LGBT memorial honoring Orlando’s Pulse shooting victims unveiled in Hudson River Park.” – NY Daily News
- “Kirsten Dunst-Led Dark Comedy From Producer George Clooney Scores Series Order at YouTube Premium.” – Variety
- “New apartments coming to Hannibal Square.” – The Daily City
- “10 tastes of Orlando for less than $10.” – 12News
- “Veteran Orlando restaurateur Nazih Sebaali set to open new Mediterranean concept in Baldwin Park.” – Winter Park/Maitland Observer
- “Publix buys all Safeway stores in Florida, including one in Altamonte Springs.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “C. Fla. Expressway Authority puts State Road 408 extension project on hold.” – Orlando Business Journal
FEATURED REAL ESTATE:
- “2013 Parade of Homes winner, the Rosalind House, asking $750,000.”
- “Colonialtown home asking $497,000.”
- “New Icon development townhomes in SODO starting at $434,000.”
- “Downtown retail suite by Orange County Courthouse for lease.”
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 7/2: Progressive Biz Innovators Kickoff (Downtown)
- Tuesday 7/3: Pie Eating Jamfest 2 (Audubon Park)
- Tuesday 7/3: Lucky Lure 5 Year Anniversary Party (Ivanhoe Village)
- Tuesday 7/3: Independence Bash (Baldwin Park)
- Wednesday 7/4: Fireworks at the Fountain (Downtown)
- Wednesday 7/4: 23rd Annual 4th of July Celebration (Winter Park)
- Wednesday 7/4: Florida Hospital Watermelon 5K (Winter Park)
- Friday 7/6: First Friday Lunch and Learn at the History Center (Downtown)