This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
If you missed us on Real Radio 104.1 this past Friday, you can still listen to our 74th episode of “Bungalower and the Bus” HERE.
Get our Top Ten in your inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- Amazon’s Facial Rekognition software is coming back to keep an eye on the City Beautiful.
- We got a look at a preliminary report looking at the possibility of extending SunRail to the Orlando International Airport, and the outlook is good.
- One of Central Florida’s most generous philanthropists just passed away; Harriett Lake was 96.
- Blue Bonnet is closing their Ivanhoe shop and someone else has already signed up to move in.
- Jimmy Hula’s is opening up an express location in The Basement in Downtown Orlando.
- Schumann’s Lager Haus has closed and will be replaced by a new concept.
- Foxtail Coffee and Leguminati are finally opening their collab Hourglass space.
- “Issues with panhandlers grow in Orlando.” – FOX 35
- “I-4 named the most dangerous highway in America.” – ABC Action News
- “Orlando influencers in the know that you should know.” – Where Magazine
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “Orlando to get new area code — 689.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Nesting gator bit man in Barnett Park, FWC confirms.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “The Hipster Index: Brighton Pips Portland to Global Top Spot.” – MoveHub
- “‘So You Think You Can Dance’: Orlando Ballet’s Arcadian Broad withdraws.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “UCF has a penis problem.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Menus for 2018 Orlando’s Magical Dining Month released.” – FOX 35
- “Pedestrian bridge installation closes stretch of Colonial Drive in Orlando.” – ClickOrlando
- “Sam Smith stops off in Orlando to honor Pulse victims before Miami show.” – Miami.com
- “I-4 Ultimate project may be delayed by up to 8 months.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “SODO’s LOVE mural damaged by a car accident.” – Bungalower
FEATURED REAL ESTATE:
- “2014 Parade of Homes winner for sale in Delaney Park.”
- “Contemporary craftsman-style home in College Park asking $599,900.”
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 7/16: Orlando Drink and Draw at The Matador (Ivanhoe Village)
- Tuesday 7/17: Quarter Beer Night at Four Rebels (Mills 50)
- Wednesday 7/18: TEDxOrlando – Using Business as a Force of Good (Ivanhoe Village)
- Wednesday 7/18: Orlando Story Club – What a Mess! (South Eola)
- Thursday 7/19: Bach at The Alfond – Chuck Archard – Classical Jazz (Winter Park)
- Friday 7/20: Drive-In Movie Night at Standard Motorcycle Co. (West College Park)