SPONSORED by Orlando Ballet: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed – like how we just won an award in Orlando Magazine‘s “Best of Orlando” issue!
If you missed us on Real Radio 104.1 this past Friday, you can still listen to our 78th episode of “Bungalower and the Bus” HERE.
Get our Top Ten in your inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- SPONSORED – It’s Main Street Restaurant week and you can eat great local dishes for cheap-cheap. Here’s a roundup from our friends in the Mills 50 District.
- Jinya Ramen is scheduled to open in Thornton Park on August 8 in the former Tijuana Flats space.
- The City’s Downtown Ambassador program has officially launched.
- WPRK is scheduled to be back on the air this month after being sucker punched by Hurricane Irma and having construction delays caused by bald eagles.
- The new Foxtail Coffee in the Hourglass District has opened and they serve wine and beer.
- Deeply Coffee opened in the Aspire Building last week. They serve beer too.
- Here’s our latest roundup of homes you can rent for under $1,500 in the downtown bungalow neighborhoods.
- “Mixed Use on Orange Avenue: Trojan Horse or Manna From Heaven?” – Winter Park Voice
- “Paintball shooting in Lake Eola linked to potential LGBTQ hate crime.” – Watermark
- “Judge tosses lawsuit against Orlando police after massacre.” – StarTribune
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “Beefy King patriarch Freeman Smith passes away at 93.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Orlando City Will Host 2019 MLS All-Star Game.” – The Mane Land
- “Four new SunRail stations are now in service.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Orlando Ballet School director resigns.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Well’s Built and Orange County History Center launch $10 joint ticket offer.” – Bungalower
- “Pro Bowl will return to Orlando for 3rd straight year.” – ESPN
- “You’re paying too much for rent in Orlando.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Central Florida Community Arts launches School of the Arts.” – Orlando Business Journal
🏠 FEATURED REAL ESTATE:
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 8/6: Florida Brewers Conference (I-Drive)
- Tuesday 8/7: Mayor Buddy Dyer’s State of the City (Downtown)
- Tuesday 8/7: Lecture – The Documentary Photographer as Historian (Winter Park)
- Tuesday 8/7: Loose Lips – The August Edition (Mills 50)
- Wednesday 8/8: Pop-up Peruvian Dinnerada (Winter Park)
- Thursday 8/9: Nerd Nite Orlando – Throwback Thursday (Audubon Park)
- Thursday 8/9: Popcorn Flicks – Finding Nemo (Winter Park)
- Friday 8/10: Another Mud – Ceramics Exhibition and Sale (Maitland)
- Friday 8/10: 38th Annual Cup-a-thon (Winter Park)