SPONSORED by Orlando Ballet: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed – like how we just won an award in Orlando Magazine‘s “Best of Orlando” issue!
If you missed us on Real Radio 104.1 this past Friday, you can still listen to our 79th episode of “Bungalower and the Bus” HERE. Be sure to tune in to FOX 35 every Monday morning at 9:30 a.m. to hear our editor on Good Day Extra talking about the week’s top headlines.
Get our Top Ten in your inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- PROMO – Taste! Central Florida is coming back this September with over 40 participating restaurants and another dozen distilleries and breweries to enjoy.
- Mayor Buddy Dyer gave his State of the City address and we were there to jot down some of the more interesting bits. Check out our highlights HERE.
- There’s a new interim director at the Winter Park Library, in the latest in a lineup of shakeups.
- Mark Ferguson has sold his Ferg’s Depot compound on Church Street.
- Jinya Ramen Bar is open in Thornton Park and we got to check it out.
- Did You Know-town: We take a look at the man behind the MCO/McCoy Air Force Base name.
- Event Alert: Urban resuscitation expert,Majora Carter, is coming to Rollins College and you HAVE GOT to hear her speak.
- “Enzian Theater pulls plug on $6.5 million expansion, offers refund to donors.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Scaffolding accident outside downtown Orlando high-rise sends worker to hospital.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Amazon starts hiring for new Orlando fulfillment center.” – Orlando Sentinel
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “I-4 Eyesore socks are great fit for Orlando company.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Under Orlando’s real-time surveillance partnership with Amazon, everyone’s a suspect.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Florida cows are cops now.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Shakers American Cafe Celebrates 25 Years of Great Food.” – Scott Joseph Orlando
- “Tiny homes join Orlando Fall Home & Garden Show.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “College Park’s Adair Plaza retail strip is for sale.” – Bungalower
🔗 PARTNER LINKS:
- Great Reads: Check out these awesome books to check out at the Orange County Library this August.
- Inhabit: We had a great sit-down with the Orlando Ballet’s Kate-Lynn Robichaux in her beautiful home.
FEATURED REAL ESTATE:
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 8/13: In Between Series presents Exponential Decay (Downtown)
- Tuesday 8/14: Six-year Anniversary Party and Sale! (Mills 50)
- Tuesday 8/14: Curry Ford Safety Demonstration Community Open House (Dover Shores)
- Tuesday 8/14: August Permaculture Exchange (Audubon Park)
- Wednesday 8/15: Peek A Boo Burlesque Show (South Eola)
- Thursday 8/16: Frosty Turns 2 (Downtown)
- Thursday 8/16: Free concert in The Milk District (Milk District)
- Friday 8/17: Grand Opening – Jimmy Hula’s Downtown (Downtown)
- Friday 8/17: The Barber Fund turns 4 (Ivanhoe Village)
- Friday 8/17: Trends in Taste (East Orlando)
- Friday 8/17: Summer/Fall 2018 Exhibition (South Eola)