SPONSORED by OCLS’s Booktoberfest on October 5: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
If you missed us on Real Radio 104.1 this past Friday, you can still listen to our 83rd episode of “Bungalower and the Bus” HERE. Be sure to tune in to FOX 35 every Monday morning at 9:30 a.m. to hear our editor on Good Day Extra talking about the week’s top headlines.
Get our Top Ten in your inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- Amway’s Rich DeVos has died.
- Back to Nature Wildlife Refuge is expanding their campus and we have the plans.
- A crane toppled over in Baldwin Park and crushed a home in twain. Divorce jokes ensued.
- Keep Orlando Beautiful has issued a Call for Artists for their 2019 Trash 2 Trends Fashion Show event at Sea World.
- A medical marijuana doctor has moved into the women’s clinic building on Virginia Drive.
- That Winter Park Gateway Station project is still floating around out there in the ether and seems to be becoming more real every day.
- The Orange County Arts and Cultural Affairs Advisory Council is looking for new board members. You could help them invest millions of dollars into local arts efforts .
- “Cher coming to the Amway Center in Orlando.” – Tampa Bay Times
- “RaceTrac planning gas station east of downtown Orlando.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Oprah Winfrey Network is filming a new show in Orlando, but why aren’t more?” – News 96.5 WDBO
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “Local celebs donate their time and bartending skills at Savoy to help out the Center.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Andrew Gillum taps Winter Park’s Chris King for lieutenant governor.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Inhabit – At home and in the gym with Megan Cawley.” – Bungalower
- “LGBT+ Center installing permanent history display.” – Bungalower
- “Petition to make Ginger Minj Disney’s live-action Ursula hits the web and floods its basement.” – Bungalower
- “Orlando Ballet opening 45th Season with Carmina Burana.” – Bungalower
- “Funeral service set for Orlando Magic owner Richard DeVos.” – ABS-CBN Sports
- “Oprah Channel TV show to film inside SODO diner.” – The Daily City
- “Jobs alert: Sprouts Farmers Market to hire 150 for new Winter Park store.” – Orlando Business Journal
- [PAYWALL] “How Orlando Magic’s future $200M entertainment complex may affect rental rates.” – Orlando Business Journal
- [PAYWALL] Developer plans more luxury townhomes in Orlando’s SODO district“.” – GrowthSpotter
FEATURED REAL ESTATE:
- “Beautiful mid-century home in Southern Oaks asking $449,900.”
- “1920s pink cake of a home asking $779,000.”
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Tuesday 9/11: LGBT+ Center’s 6th Annual Celebrity Bartending Night (Ivanhoe Village)
- Tuesday 9/11: Paul Simon in Concert (Parramore)
- Wednesday 9/12: Art Sandwiched In – As Is by Nick Cave (Ivanhoe Village)
- Wednesday 9/12: Timucua Arts Foundation and The Civic Minded 5 present Cortex (Milk District)
- Thursday 9/13: Nerd Nite at the Orlando Public Library (Downtown)
- Thursday 9/13: Thornton 2nd Thursday Wine and Art Walk (Thornton Park)
- Thursday 9/13: Popcorn Flicks in the Park – Iron Man (Winter Park)
- Friday 9/14: Fall Book Sale (Downtown)
- Friday 9/14: Orlando Real Estate and Home Expo (Out of Bounds)
- Friday 9/14: Pop-up Shop VIP (Winter Park)
- Friday 9/14: Beaux Bungalow opening party (Ivanhoe Village)
- Friday 9/14: Create or Die – Orlando Print Party (Out of Bounds)