As we told you HERE in January, the long-vacant building at 720 N. Mills Avenue [GMap] by Pho 88 will soon house a new Kushiyaki concept by local food genius, Sonny Nguyen – owner of Domu at East End Market.
Tori Tori (Facebook) was recently awarded funding via the City of Orlando’s Small Business Facade, Site Improvement, and Adaptive Reuse Program in the amount of $50,000. The interest-free deferred loan program is meant to help small businesses pay for facade, life safety, site, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing improvements that are related to changes of use. The program also helps with costs for exterior physical improvements.
Improvements listed in City paperwork include:
- Perforated corten panel facade with weathered steel panels featuring customized pattern.
- Streetside patio with added railing and retaining wall.
- Oversized folding doors separating indoor and outdoor spaces.
- Overhead canopy to define the main entrance to the building.
- Improved exterior lighting, illuminated panels, and architectural lighting where applicable.
The estimated cost of the renovations for the space is over $230,000. An opening date has not been publicly announced, nor has a construction timeline.
Click HERE to see a past interview with Tori Tori owner, Sonny Nguyen, by Inhabit columnist, David Lawrence.