SPONSORED by OCLS’s Booktoberfest on October 5: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
If you missed us on Real Radio 104.1 this past Friday, you can still listen to our 85th episode of “Bungalower and the Bus” HERE.
Get our Top Ten in your inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- We told you first, Orlando could be getting a new “tallest tower” in town at the corner of Livingston and Orange Avenue.
- Another first, we broke the news that Foxtail Coffee is moving into the College Park Hubbly Bubbly space.
- Residents of a West Orlando neighborhood were told that the State supersedes the City where gun shop regulations are concerned.
- Orlando residents can get Whole Foods delivered to their door now, because Amazon.com.
- Our latest Bring to Orlando more public restrooms in Downtown Orlandocolumn wants to see and fewer pee puddles in the streets.
- Manzano’s Deli is now open in Winter Park so you don’t have to drive all the way to New Smyrna Beach for their fancy flown-in New Jersey bread.
- “Welcome to Orlando Weekly’s 2018 Fall Guide.” – Orlando Weekly
- “UCF crushes Pittsburgh 45-14, extends nation’s longest win streak to 17 games.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Muddy Waters is closed; Menagerie moving in.” – Scott Joseph Orlando
- “Diversity Mural of mosaic hearts dedicated in Orlando.” – Watermark
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “Cool Job Alert: Communications Manager at Art and History Museums – Maitland.” – Bungalower
- “Orlando among the country’s best coffee cities.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “Florida’s Weeki Wachee Mermaids migrate to Orlando Aquarium.” – US News
- “John Legend will rally in Orlando next week for restoring former felons’ voting rights.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Wrestling legend Jake “the Snake” Roberts slithers into the Abbey to tell all.” – Orlando Weekly
- “In Orlando’s restaurant industry, drug and alcohol abuse is ‘as common as ketchup.'” – Orlando Sentinel
FEATURED REAL ESTATE:
- “Sexy 3/2 in Lake Como asking $399,000.”
- “Live in the house from our logo for $329,900.”
- “Modera Central looking for new retail partners for Downtown tower.”
- “Cute little home by Greenwood Cemetery wants $319,000.”
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 10/1-6: Craft Beer Week (Central Florida Ale Trail)
- Tuesday 10/2: National Night Out (Multiple Locations)
- Wednesday 10/3: Florida Citrus Sports Wednesday Wine Yoga Night (Parramore)
- Wednesday 10/3: Pulitzer Prize-Winning Historian, Jack E. Davis (Winter Park)
- Wednesday 10/3: Etoile – The Lookbook Project (Milk District)
- Thursday 10/4: 100 Women Strong Fall Meet and Greet (Church Street)
- Thursday 10/4: Orlando Mixtape Vol. 6: Color By Numbers (Downtown)
- Friday 10/5: Real Men Wear Pink Power Happy Hour (Ivanhoe Village)
- Friday 10/5: City Unseen – A New Art Experience (Mills 50)