SPONSORED by Genome – Unlocking Life’s Code: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
If you missed us on Real Radio 104.1 this past Friday, you can still listen to our 85th episode of “Bungalower and the Bus” HERE.
Get our Top Ten in your inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- Stir Restaurant and Bar is now closed in Ivanhoe Village.
- Orlando RV is moving to Casselberry, freeing up 4-acres of property near downtown Winter Park.
- Curious about what’s happening at The Packing District? Here are some of the latest updates, including plans for pocket parks, more property, and bike trails.
- The owners of Se7enbites are looking for a home for a new Italian comfort food concept.
- El Buda restaurant has closed but Chef Trevino promises to stay in Orlando.
- Orlando was ranked as the 15th Most Dangerous City in Florida, according to some random website.
- Mayor Buddy Dyer just named our new police chief and that name is “Orlando.”
- We’ve got eleven homes in the downtown neighborhoods you can rent for under $1,500 a month in our latest Rental Roundup.
- “Pizza Bruno expanding to downtown Orlando and Mills 50.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Orlando 7-Eleven employee accused of attacking customer for being gay.” – Watermark
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “Disney’s history lives on in Orlando library collection.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Here’s everyone we saw at the 2018 Come Out With Pride Orlando parade.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Boyz II Men crooner restores Orlando mansion for DIY network series.” – Forbes
- [PAYWALL] “City of Orlando looking to hire architectural and engineering firms.” – GrowthSpotter
- [PAYWALL] “Orlando’s Hottest Neighborhoods: Where most homes were sold in Q2 2018.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “Mobile mammography screenings at select Centra Care locations.” – Bungalower
- “College Park to host JazzFest on November 3.” – Bungalower
- “Tech Association hosting week-long tech and business summit.” – Bungalower
- “Cool Job Alert: Executive Director of Curry Ford West Main Street.” – Bungalower
- “Orange County History Center unlocks the Genomes of local Floridian.”
- “Orlando Shakes hosting Penny Dreadful production, The Mystery of Irma Vep.“
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 10/16: RE-VIZE 2018 (Downtown)
- Tuesday 10/16: FL-7 Debate – Murphy vs. Miller (Parramore)
- Tuesday 10/16: Ask A Lawyer (Mills 50)
- Tuesday 10/16: Maxwell (Downtown)
- Wednesday 10/17: Orlando Cringe X – The Comeback (South Eola)
- Wednesday 10/17: Yelp’s Moonshiner – A Social Menagerie (Ivanhoe Village)
- Wednesday 10/17: Orlando City vs. Seatle Sounders (Parramore)
- Thursday 10/18: Feast on the 50 (Parramore)
- Thursday 10/18: A Taste of Thornton Park (Thornton Park)
- Friday 10/19: Immerse from Creative City Project (Downtown)
- Friday 10/19: Beth McKee’s Fall Spectacular (Winter Park)
- Friday 10/19: Shifting Gaze Opening Reception (Ivanhoe Village)