Click HERE to get this e-newsletter
in your inbox every Monday! For free!
SPONSORED by History in a Glass – A Slice of History: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
If you missed us on Real Radio 104.1 this past Friday, you can still listen to our 85th episode of “Bungalower and the Bus” HERE.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- An ex-Disney chef is opening a ramen restaurant downtown and side note, he used to run Mitsukoshi in EPCOT’s Japan Pavilion.
- Pizza Bruno’s is opening a downtown satellite location at Orange County Brewing and we hear they will have tiny garlic knots.
- Orlando was just ranked as one of the greenest cities in the country.
- Papa Llama and Hunger Street are hosting a killer pop-up at The Heavy in Winter Park.
- Whippoorwill and Easy Luck have finally opened their collab coffee shop/package store/bar in the Milk District – and it’s really pretty.
- A new book called My Tio’s Pulse was just released to help children cope with what happened at the Pulse Nightclub.
- “Every Halloween event happening in Orlando this year.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Developer wants to buy Orlando Fashion Square mall, tear most of it down and start anew.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Ask Orlando: Why doesn’t the city implement Leading Pedestrian Intervals at ALL crosswalks?” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Orlando police starting 2nd test phase of Amazon facial-recognition software.” – Orlando Sentinel
🔍 ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “A map of every building in America.” – The New York Times
- “Girl-focused STEM conference held in Orlando.” – SpectrumNews 13
- “Orlando and Phoenix: the tale of two trains.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Orlando’s tech community want to go regional and grow.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Puerto Ricans in Florida can now get their vital documents in Orlando.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Here’s how 50 people will get more than $600 in credits from Lynx, SunRail, Lyft, Zipcar.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Faiyaz Kara’s 55 best restaurants in Orlando.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Orlando bicyclist killed after being hit by car.” – FOX 35
- “New trend in community planning: Pop-up downtown.” – FOX 35
- [PAYWALL] Downtown Orlando’s (retail) shopping list: 9 things business people want here“.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “Enjoy a Slice of History at the next History in a Glass event.”
- “Ten 10 Brewing partnering with Greenwood Cemetary sextant Don Price on special brew.”
- “Join us at Wall Street for our pre-Plazaween 18 – post-Critical Mass After Party.”
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 10/22: Sherlock at the Orlando Film Festival (Downtown)
- Monday 10/22: Foreign Dissent 5 – International Punk Rock Party Pre-Fest (Mills 50)
- Tuesday 10/23: Lawn Signs Activation (Winter Park)
- Wednesday 10/24: Left Hook Right Cross: Political Cartoons in the Time of Trump (Downtown)
- Wednesday 10/24: Sprouts Grand Opening (Winter Park)
- Thursday 10/25: History in a Glass – A Slice of History (Downtown)
- Thursday 10/25: Participation 2018 (Maitland)
- Friday 10/26: Orlando Critical Mass – Halloween Ride (Downtown)
- Friday 10/26: Pre-Plazaween 18 – Post-Critical Mass After Party (Downtown)
- Friday 10/26: Plazaween 18 (Downtown)
- Friday 10/26: 5 Years of East End Market (Audubon Park)
- Friday 10/26: Spooky Empire (Out of Bounds)