Click HERE to get this e-newsletter
in your inbox every Monday! For free!
This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
If you missed us on Real Radio 104.1 this past Friday, you can still listen to our 85th episode of “Bungalower and the Bus” HERE.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- Colonial Lanes will remain a bowling alley, at least a portion of it.
- Whiskey Lou’s Lounge has new owners, but they promise not to change much.
- The Mayor just appointed a new Senior Advisor on Homelessness and Social Services.
- The new Downtown Pizza Bruno’s opened this weekend and they gave away free pies. don’t say we never told you.
- The Downtown Tacos El Rancho has been closed for business due to a wee kitchen fire but is already undergoing renovations.
- There’s finally some movement on the future home of the upcoming Out of the Closet Thrift Store on the corner of Virginia Drive and Mills Avenue.
- A broken water main flooded Lake Eola Heights last week.
- “Dexter’s Restaurants have been sold.” – Scott Joseph’s Orlando Restaurant Guide
- “What’s going up in Orlando? These planned high-rises will dramatically change the skyline.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Frustration grows for residents affected by Orlando water main break.” – WFTV9
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “U Roll Sushi opening in Downtown Orlando.” – Bungalower
- “NSFW: Local drag queen Ginger Minj scores gig on Netflix.” – Bungalower
- “Pearson’s Cafe in North Quarter closed, Ustler looking for local replacement.” – Bungalower
- “Those half-pound cookies from Gideon’s Bakehouse were named best in Florida.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Restaurants Open on Thanksgiving Day in Orlando.” – Scott Joseph’s Orlando Restaurant Guide
- “Cows ‘n Cabs returns to Winter Park on Nov. 3 for an evening of food and wine for charity.” – Tasty Chomps
- “Peeping Tom uses drone to spy on women in downtown Orlando high rise apartments, police say.” – WFTV9
- “Sprouts Farmers Market opens its first Central Florida location.” – Orlando Business Journal
- [PAYWALL] “IRS releases 74-page Opportunity Zones report and investors are buzzing.” – Orlando Business Journal
- [PAYWALL] “Downtown Orlando tower project officially dead.” – Orlando Business Journal
- [PAYWALL] Serendipity Labs building out coworking space in CNL tower“.” – GrowthSpotter
FEATURED REAL ESTATE:
- “College Park Tour of Homes back for 27th year on November 11.”
- “Call Out: College Park Farmers Market looking for new vendors.”
- “Local literacy organization giving away over 3,000 books in November.”
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 10/29: Halloween Drink and Draw (Milk District)
- Monday 10/29: Dukale’s Dream with Hugh Jackman (Rollins College)
- Monday 10/29: The Exorcist: The Power of Fringe Compels You (Ivanhoe Village)
- Tuesday 10/30: Protecting and Restoring Wildlife Habitat in Subdivision Development (Audubon Park)
- Tuesday 10/30: LYNX Forward (North Quarter)
- Wednesday 10/31: The Rocky Horror Picture Show Live (Milk District)
- Thursday 11/1: Taste of Thanksgiving Party (Winter Park)
- Thursday 11/1: Barley Row Craft Beer Tour (Ivanhoe Village)
- Friday 11/2: Bike the Mayor to Work Day (Downtown)
- Friday 11/2: City Unseen – A New [AR]t Experience (Mills 50)
- Friday 11/2: Movie Night at Leu – Avengers Infinity War (Audubon Park)