This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
If you missed us on Real Radio 104.1 this past Friday, you can still listen to our 91st episode of “Bungalower and the Bus” HERE.
BE SURE TO TRY OUR NEW BUNGALOWER HIGH SOCIETY PIZZA AT PIZZA @ LAKE EOLA!
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- Epic Axe Throwing is now in soft opening in Downtown Orlando because axes are the new darts.
- This GoFundMe that was launched to fix the air conditioning for Parliament House was really just a joke, but things happen.
- Early estimates on what it will take for the repair of the Summerlin Avenue water main and road surface are in.
- SunRail is running special evening southbound service for Orlando Magic home games.
- Orlando Health is going to buy their building, so Orlando Brewing has three years to find a new home.
- “Every Orlando bar and restaurant throwing an election night watch party.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Orlando swears in new police chief.” – WFTV
- “101 small ways you can improve your city.” – Curbed
- “Orlando bites: Here’s an insider look at some new and upcoming local food spots.” – ClickOrlando
- “Pulse Memorial gets $10 million boost from County.” – WMFE
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “Orlando-area Jewish Centers focus on security after Pittsburgh shooting.” – WFTV
- “Winter Park’s Sushi Pop to feature Vietnamese pop-up ‘Chauhaus.‘” – Orlando Weekly
- “All that’s left of Red Claw is this hilarious and sad website.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Orlando breweries fall flat trying to sell beer outside Central Florida.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Florida tiny-home community envisioned for homeless veterans.” – Orlando Sentinel
- [PAYWALL] “Orlando is No. 1 in a category besides tourism.” – GlobeSt.com
- [PAYWALL] Developer refines design for planned downtown apartment tower“.” – GrowthSpotter
- “Livin’ La Vida Locavore: Bangrak’s Tom Yum Goong.”
- “Augmented Reality art project City Unseen launches this weekend.”
- “Jon Busdeker wrote a book about Orlando.”
- “Great Reads: Orange County Public Library’s October book selections.”
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Tuesday 11/6: Loose Lips – Vote or Don’t Bother Showing Up (Mills 50)
- Tuesday 11/6: Dirty Bingo – Election Day Edition (South Eola)
- Thursday 11/8: Nerd Nite Orlando (Audubon Park)
- Thursday 11/8: Mike Meyer Hand Lettering Workshop (Mills 50)
- Thursday 11/8: UCF Urban and Regional Planning Distinguished Lecture (UCF)
- Thursday 11/8: Popcorn Flicks in the Park – Enchanted (Winter Park)
- Friday 11/9: EDC Orlando 2018 (Parramore)
- Friday 11/9: Free Play Florida 2018 (Out of Bounds)
- Friday 11/9: Orlando International Fashion Week – Fashion Edge (Downtown)
- Friday 11/9: WordCamp Orlando (Out of Bounds)
- Friday 11/9: Ride the Rails Tour (Church Street)
- Friday 11/9: Festival of Trees 2018 (Ivanhoe Village)