SPONSORED by the Orange County Regional History Center: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
If you missed us on Real Radio 104.1 this past Friday, you can still listen to our 93rd episode of “Bungalower and the Bus” HERE.
BE SURE TO TRY OUR NEW BUNGALOWER HIGH SOCIETY PIZZA AT PIZZA @ LAKE EOLA!
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- The owners of The Hammered Lamb are opening a new 24-hour diner in Ivanhoe Village.
- Find out more about the Eola General, which is moving into the former Handy Pantry space in Lake Eola Heights.
- The 903 Mills Market property is for sale. Again, the property, not the business.
- A new food truck and craft beer garden just opened in the Milk District.
- The historic Angebilt Hotel could have new owners by January.
- The Jim Colbert Show will officially take over the Philips Phile time slot next week.
- “Orlando’s ‘Hamilton’ ticket fiasco — as told via Twitter.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Leadership shakeup in Orlando; regional coverage to be extended.” – Poynter
- “Ambassador program aims to help keep Orlando beautiful.” – WESH
- “Design of Orlando’s new tallest building Zoi House features gentle curves.” – Orlando Sentinel
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “The man behind the Van Cam.” – Bungalower
- “Diana Ross is coming to Orlando.” – Bungalower
- “Orlando gas prices plunge to lowest since March.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Orlando police identify man shot to death near Milk District.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Every holiday event happening in Orlando till the end of the year.” – Orlando Weekly
- “More on the Dexter’s Saga.” – Scott Joseph Orlando
- “Florida Classic draws thousands to Orlando.” – WFTV
- “Orlando predicted to be most popular Thanksgiving destination in the U.S.” – FOX 35
- “Brightline partners with Virgin Group as it plans expansion into Orlando.” – Orlando Business Journal
- [PAYWALL] “City staff, board wowed by new design for Zoi House skyscraper in downtown Orlando.” – GrowthSpotter
- “QUIRKY MODERN HOME IN BELLE AIR ASKING $425,000.”
- “1940S COLLEGE PARK BIRDHOUSE HOME WANTS $334,500.”
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 11/19: Foxy’s Den at The Venue (Ivanhoe Village)
- Monday 11/19: Audubon Park Community Market (Audubon Park)
- Wednesday 11/21: Night B4 Thanxgiving Block Party and Turkey Bowling (Downtown)
- Thursday 11/22: Thanksgiving Feast at the Alfond Inn (Winter Park)
- Friday 11/23-25: Folk Yeah – A 3-Day Celebration of Song (Mills 50)
- Friday 11/23: Ride-in Movie Night (College Park)