Sponsored by Orlando Ballet’s Nutcracker: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
If you missed us on Real Radio 104.1 this past Friday, you can still listen to our 93rd episode of “Bungalower and the Bus” HERE.
BE SURE TO TRY OUR NEW BUNGALOWER HIGH SOCIETY PIZZA AT PIZZA @ LAKE EOLA!
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- Lime Bike Share has been dropping their new dockless bike fleet all over town this week.
- There’s a new Irish pub opening in Downtown Orlando, right next to Jimmy John’s.
- There’s a new taco shop opening in The Milk District.
- This Tuesday is all about giving! A lot of local organizations are hosting small fundraisers online, including our friends at the History Center, who are raising funds to rehab a taxidermied swan named Billy.
- “Wonton Asian Kitchen in Winter Park has closed.” – Orlando Weekly
- “The Phinal Philips Phile.” – iHeart Radio
- “Intersection: 100 Things To Do In Orlando Before You Die.” – WMFE
- “Orlando International Airport ranked among most likely to delay your flight.” – Orlando Weekly
- “The Wonderful World of Wanzie: The Center Orlando is NOT 40 years old.” – Watermark
- “Homeless man files civil rights lawsuit against Orlando officer, mayor.” – Click Orlando
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “Orlando Museum of Art hosting evening of experimental media, November 29.”
- “Orlando’s Visage nightclub reunion set for early December.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Pokéworks opening new location in downtown Orlando.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Bento Asian Kitchen + Sushi opens new Winter Park location.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Brightline passenger rail system to become Virgin Trains USA.” – West Orlando News
- “Jack Kazanzas Star welcomes the holiday season in Downtown Orlando.” – FOX 35
- [PAYWALL] “$105M in apartment projects planned near downtown Orlando.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “CONTEMPORARY GEM IN COLLEGE PARK WANTS $329,000.”
- “CUTE STARTER BUNGALOW IN COLLEGE PARK ASKING $235,000.”
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Tuesday 11/27: Giving Tuesday at The Greenery Creamery (South Eola)
- Tuesday 11/27: Local Varkers Market (SODO)
- Tuesday 11/27: Rethinking Anti-Violence – Co-creating Safer, Inclusive Cities (North Quarter)
- Wednesday 11/28: Departure Party – CityArts Factory is Moving (Downtown)
- Thursday 11/29: Slinging for Santa (Downtown)
- Thursday 11/29: Night Shift – An Experiment (Ivanhoe Village)
- Thursday 11/29: Politics on Tap (Winter Park)
- Friday 11/30: Orlando Critical Mass (Ivanhoe Village)
- Friday 11/30: Critical Blast After-Party – Bikes, Drinks, Music, and More (Mills 50)
- Friday 11/30: Ride the Rails Tour (Downtown)