SPONSORED BY CARJOY: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
If you missed us on Real Radio 104.1 this past Friday, you can still listen to our 95th episode of “Bungalower and the Bus” HERE.
BE SURE TO TRY OUR NEW BUNGALOWER HIGH SOCIETY PIZZA AT PIZZA @ LAKE EOLA!
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- Sir Elton John canceled his Amway performance but has rescheduled for March 2019.
- Plans were finally released for the new YMCA Family Center in College Park’s upcoming Packing District.
- Creative Village leaders just got a $66 million loan to begin work on market-rate apartments for Parcel M.
- A new Greek restaurant is moving into Winter Park Corners, that’s the one with Sprouts in it.
- Looking for the perfect gift? We’ve got a roundup of all of the upcoming holiday markets happening this month.
- There’s a new late-night Jamaican/English restaurant opening in Downtown Orlando.
- Orlando Sentinel‘s George Diaz says goodbye after 29 years of reporting, “A great run and a bittersweet goodbye to the Orlando Sentinel.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “30 awesome gift ideas from Orlando makers.” – Orlando Weekly
- “‘Iron Chef’ contestant Roberto Treviño heading up new ceviche bar in Orlando.” – Orlando Weekly
- “50 Most Innovative Cities in the World in 2018.” – Inc.
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “With straws on the way out, Orlando restaurants look to ditch other plastics.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “OUC Orlando Half Marathon top finishers.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Fires in Orlando’s Lake Eola Heights are investigated as arson.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Thornton Park’s Menagerie Eatery & Bar will host grand opening Dec. 5.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Orlando SeaWolves vs. St. Louis Ambush: Final Score 5-4 as Orlando Falls in Shootout.” – The Mane Land
- “Rail line from Orlando to Tampa gets boost.” – FOX 35
- “Elton John reschedules Orlando show.” – WESH 2
- “Colorado-based Timbers Resorts to relocate HQ to Winter Park, add high-wage jobs.” – Orlando Business Journal
- [PAYWALL] “Valencia to open Advanced Manufacturing Training Center in downtown Orlando in 2019.” – Orlando Business Journal
- [PAYWALL] “Texas developer files plans for first residential project in The Packing District.” – GrowthSpotter
- “Petite 1930s gem in College Park wants $340,000.”
- “Tudor-style lakefront estate wants over $3 million.”
- “Three bedroom home in Minneola asking $254,000.”
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 12/3: Miss Comedy Queen Holiday Spectacular (Ivanhoe Village)
- Monday 12/3: Park Ave Magazine Issue Release Party (Winter Park)
- Tuesday 12/4: Loose Lips – The December Edition (Mills 50)
- Tuesday 12/4: Local Varkers Market (SoDo)
- Wednesday 12/5: Menagerie Eatery and Bar Grand Opening (South Eola)
- Wednesday 12/5: Krampus Night (Ivanhoe Village)
- Wednesday 12/5: Deck the Milk Jingle Ride (Milk District)
- Thursday 12/6: State of Downtown (Parramore)
- Thursday 12/6: Sweet and Savory (Thornton Park)
- Friday 12/7: Ride the Rails Tour (Downtown)
- Friday 12/7: Winter on the Avenue and Annual Holiday Tree Lighting (Winter Park)
- Friday 12/7: Little Giant Chinese Food Pop-Up (Milk District)