This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
If you missed us on Real Radio 104.1 this past Friday, you can still listen to our 97th episode of “Bungalower and the Bus” HERE.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- The College Park Neighborhood Association wants FDOT to start the Edgewater Complete Streets project ahead of schedule.
- A super-hot local firefighter won the first holiday episode of Nailed It! on Netflix. We love him.
- The folks at the Orange County Property Appraiser launched a crowd-sourced holiday lights map.
- This Cool Job Alert is not only interesting, but it also means we’re getting another bike share program.
- Parking fees Downtown could be increased to make up for lost income from the construction of the I-4 Ultimate and the Under I park project.
- “Downtown Orlando crime decline could be connected to Ambassador Program, leaders say.” – News13
- “Police protection, robots, and ping pong paddles: Central Florida 100.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Neil deGrasse Tyson calls off Orlando talk amid allegations of sexual misconduct.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “FDOT looks into Orlando intersection where trains hit 2 vehicles in separate crashes.” – Orlando Weekly
- “7-Eleven in Orlando’s Mills 50 neighborhood closing next week.” – Orlando Weekly
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “Ask Bungalower: Where are the Christmas lights at Lake Eola?” – Bungalower
- “Sarah McLachlan to play Dr. Phillips, March 2019.” – Bungalower
- “Visit Orlando elects new board, marks 2018 achievements.” – FOX 35
- “Bomb threats to Orlando-area businesses part of possible nationwide hoax, authorities say.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “‘Hamilton’ tickets in Orlando: Seats still available for many performances.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Adjunct professors at 7 public colleges in Florida are trying to unionize.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Adam Sandler is coming to Orlando next February.” – Orlando Weekly
- [PAYWALL] “Central Florida influencers: Meet these 7 downtown Orlando next-gen leaders.” – Orlando Business Journal
- [PAYWALL] “This Orlando entrepreneur self-built software when he was in the 3rd grade.” – Orlando Business Journal
- [PAYWALL] “City staff recommends approval for downtown apartments on Diocese land.” – GrowthSpotter
- “This 2/2 in Rowena Gardens is asking $290,000.”
- “Renovated 1950’s home in Colonialtown wants $319,900.”
- “Beautiful pool home on Lake Sue wants $1,850,000.”
- “Charming Lawsona home wants $379,000.”
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 12/17: A John Waters Christmas (Milk District)
- Monday 12/17: Holiday Bingo (Mills 50)
- Tuesday 12/18: Central Florida Homeless Memorial (Downtown)
- Tuesday 12/18: Cirque Musica – Wonderland (Parramore)
- Wednesday 12/19: Deux Mains Pop-up Shop at Macbeth Studio (Downtown)
- Thursday 12/20: Cows by Matija Tomc (Parramore)
- Thursday 12/20: Deck the DTO Celebration (Downtown)
- Thursday 12:20: SantaFest- Drink, Drank, Drunk and Be Santa (Downtown)
- Friday 12/21: Holiday Movies in the Park – National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation (Downtown)
- Friday 12/21: RuPaul’s Drag Race All-Stars 4 Viewing Party (West Orlando)
- Friday 12/21: Visiting Author – Jonathan Weisman (Maitland)