We told you about The Kitty Beautiful (Facebook) back in December 2015 HERE, a new cat cafe concept that will combine adoptable cats with a coffee shop, and they’ve finally accrued enough money in the kitty to secure a space.
The building, located at 360 State Lane [GMap], has housed a number of bars in the past, including Screamers Nightclub, Krave Night Club, and Thee Grotto. The footprint of the space measures in at 3,050 SF and it’s tucked away behind the Bank of America Building and Dovecote Brasserie.
David and Heather Strauss, the owners of Orlando Organics (Facebook), posted a brief FAQ on their Facebook page with some quick updates about their budding business following a story by Orlando Weekly.
- They won’t be hiring until a few weeks before they open, which won’t be until possibly late spring/early summer 2019. They’ll also be working with local autism service organizations to hire some young adults who are on the autism spectrum.
- Cat yoga instructors are welcome to reach out with their contact information prior to opening.
- A menu is still in the works but they expect to feature cold-pressed juices made with products from Orlando Organics, coffee drinks, beer and wine, and hand-crafted sodas.
- You will not be allowed to bring your own cat to the cafe.
- There will be volunteer opportunities.
- The “cat area” will be available for parties and rentals.
- It will cost $12 an hour to sit in the cat area which includes one free drink. Memberships will be available and will include different levels of free cat time each month. Guest passes and discounts will be available.