SPONSORED BY CENTRAL FLORIDA COMMISSION ON HOMELESSNESS: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
If you missed us on Real Radio 104.1 this past Friday, you can still listen to our 98th episode of “Bungalower and the Bus” HERE, recorded at Art’s Sandwich Shop on OBT.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- Wally’s Mills Avenue Liquors will reopen in 2019 under new ownership and it will be non-smoking.
- A new shipping container-based taco restaurant is opening in the Sodo District next year.
- Big Daddy’s has new owners in Audubon Park and they’re making some changes.
- In this Eyes on the Street Beth’s Burger Bar is moving out of Downtown Orlando piece, we get the heads up that.
- California Tortilla has closed their Church Street location, as well as two others in the area.
- The City of Orlando closed the 1010 West event venue in May because of permitting issues, but it just reopened and it’s ready to start booking.
- “David Schillhammer resigns as Enzian executive director.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Sushi Pop Winter Park will soft open on New Year’s Eve.” – Orlando Weekly
- “In sign of real-estate slowdown, Orlando home sales are down and listings are up.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “OUC coal plants linked to east Orange County cancer spike, lawsuit claims.” – Orlando Sentinel
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “These are the 50 Best Places in America for Starting a Business.” – Inc.
- “Have a seat: Annual-passholder lounges provide escape.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Orlando-area rents rising faster than any other big city.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “The best new Orlando restaurants that opened in 2018.” – Orlando Weekly
- “358 people have been shot and killed in Orlando since 2014.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Orlando rents are rising ridiculously fast compared to other major cities.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Florida’s population climbs to 21.3 million.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Orange County hosting Citizen Planner Academy workshop on January 19.” – Bungalower
Orlando Brewing released an epic holiday music video called “Darn Good Beer” and you need to watch it:
- “Cute pool home in Colonialtown North wants $415,000.”
- “Historic home of Mayor Gore wants $699,000.”
- “Livin’ La Vida Locavore: Stasio’s Italian Deli.”
- “Great Reads: Orange County Public Library’s December book selections.”
- “United Arts dishes out almost $1.5 million to local organizations.”
- “11 Questions with Shawn Welcome.”
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 12/24: 16th Annual GUMBO Party (Mills 50)
- Monday 12/24: Feast of the Seven Fishes (Winter Park)
- Monday 12/24: Surfing Santas (Out of Bounds)
- Tuesday 12/25: Cult Classics – Polyester (Maitland)
- Wednesday 12/26: Orlando Citrus Parade Float Build (Out of Bounds)
- Thursday 12/27: A Drag Queen Christmas – The Naughty Tour (Milk District)
- Friday 12/28: Camping World Bowl (West Orlando)
- Friday 12/28: Dada Life NYE19 Celebration (Downtown)
- Friday 12/28: Orlando Critical Mass (Ivanhoe Village)
- Friday 12/28: The Pop-up Shop (Mills 50)