SPONSORED BY CENTRAL FLORIDA COMMISSION ON HOMELESSNESS: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
If you missed us on Real Radio 104.1 this past Friday, you can still listen to our 99th episode of “Bungalower and the Bus” HERE, recorded at Bem Bom restaurant in Audubon Park Garden District. We’ve also got a roundup of the year’s Top Ten Most-Read Posts available right HERE and you can read our December print issue HERE!
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- Today is the day! We’ve got a roundup of some of the BEST New Year’s Eve events happening in town and some discounts to boot. Click HERE to see your options.
- 4Rebels Tacos has closed their Mills Park restaurant.
- The Kitty Beautiful Cat Cafe finally has a home in Downtown Orlando.
- Church Street Entertainment’s City Pub has soft-opened in the former North Quarter Tavern space.
- The Downtown Development Board bought Wall St. Plaza a new archway sign for Christmas.
- The Nature Conservancy has a Cool Job Alert for a new Orlando Cities Program Manager.
- “Restaurant trends to watch for in 2019.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “Notable Orlando deaths in 2018.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Public libraries across the country are ready for their next chapter.” – National Trust for Historic Preservation
- “Orlando’s best new restaurants to open this year.” – Orlando Weekly
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “Nosh Pit: Our five favorite Orlando dishes of 2018.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Green Energy: Orlando food waste powering homes, businesses.” – Spectrum News 13
- “Orlando marks downtown growth, looks ahead to Creative Village.” – Spectrum News 13
- “Say it isn’t so: Orlando among least popular cities for millennial homebuyers.” – Orlando Business Journal
- [PAYWALL] “Publix will debut a new deli-forward prototype in 2019.” – Orlando Business Journal
- [PAYWALL] “$1B Vertical Medical City receives FAA approval to build above air restrictions.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “Renovated College Park sweety wants $449,000.”
- “Cute pool home in Colonialtown North wants $415,000.”
- “2018 Story Roundup: The hottest houses of the year.”
- “Celine Orlando hosting massive NYE party.”
- “City to increase permitting fees in 2019.”
- “January event roundup for the Orange County Library.”
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 12/31: NYE19 with DJ Crespo at Celine Orlando (Downtown)
- Monday 12/31: 2019 NYE Party at Standard Motorcycle (West College Park)
- Monday 12/31: New Beer’s Eve at The Venue (Ivanhoe Village)
- Monday 12/31: New Year’s Eve 2019 on Wall St (Downtown)
- Monday 12/31: Nouveau – A Glamorous New Year’s Eve (Ivanhoe Village)
- Tuesday 1/1: PlayStation Fiesta Bowl Watch Party (Downtown)
- Tuesday 1/1: VRBO Citrus Bowl (West Orlando)