This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
If you missed us on Real Radio 104.1 this past Friday, you can still listen to our 104rth episode of “Bungalower and the Bus” HERE, recorded at the Orlando Meats in Ivanhoe Village.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- We made you a taco map of all of the spots in our coverage area where you can get a taco. Because we love you.
- We told you first, but now everybody is talking about it; a dog park with a bar in it.
- Plans were filed for a new 19-story mixed-use tower with Radisson Blue hotel.
- Come Out With Pride is throwing a fabulous hat in the ring to bring WorldPride 2026 to The City Beautiful.
- Gurl, there’s a free “castle” available on Craiglist and the internet ’bout broke our website clicking on it.
- The organizers of the College Park Farmers Market have called it quits.
- “All the new restaurants coming to Orlando in 2019 that we know of so far.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Orlando television station WFTV can kiss my ass.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer files for re-election.” – Orlando Weekly
- “30-year-old orca dies at SeaWorld park in Orlando.” – CBS News
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “The 50 Best Coffee Stores In America.” – BigSevenTravel.com
- “High Schoolers to attend construction career days at Central Florida Fairgrounds.” – Bungalower
- “How an Orlando woman is using her dinner table to bring strangers together.” – ClickOrlando.com
- “Suspects sought in deadly shooting outside Orlando club.” – Fox 35
- “T.S.A. agent at Orlando Airport jumps to his death from hotel balcony.” – The New York Times
- “Ask Orlando: Why doesn’t the city provide glass recycling for bars and restaurants?” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Digital tech conference in Orlando gets boost from Tampa entrepreneurship group.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Virgin Trains to issue stock worth $500 million to help finance Orlando track.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Diplo once stole records from WPRK, so a Rollins student ate a picture of him every day until he admitted it.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Visit Orlando roadshow heads to UK cities.” – Travel Weekly
- “Pulitzer Prize-winner, Alice Walker, returns for historic 30th Zora Neale Hurston Festival.” – West Orlando News
- “Milk District to rock out on Robinson with music festival, February 23.”
- “Audubon Park’s Vintage Valentine market returns February 10.”
- “Mennello Museum of Art hosting Indie-Folkfest on February 16.”
- “New Hungry Florida Man series looks at Orlando area restaurants.”
- “Dine with Disney chefs at a farm in the 6th Annual Field to Feast.”
- “Photo Essay: A changing Mills 50 with Ben of Tien Hung Market.”
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Ongoing: Hamilton (Downtown)
- Monday 2/4: 10 Years of Night Markets (Audubon Park)
- Tuesday 2/5:
- Wednesday 2/6: The IDEAS Hive – Roses Are Red And So Is The Tide (Audubon Park)
- Thursday 2/7: What’s Up Downtown: Initiative Meets Involvement (Downtown)
- Thursday 2/7: Urbanism – How Real Estate Developers Think (Winter Park)
- Thursday 2/7: Orlando Lady Boss Anniversary and Galentines Day (Milk District)
- Friday 2/8: 4th Annual Trinity Prep Author Fest (Winter Park)
- Friday 2/8: Duane Michals The Portraitist (Mills 50)
- Friday 2/8: Big Freedia in Orlando (South Eola)