This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
If you missed us on Real Radio 104.1 this past Friday, you can still listen to our 106th episode of “Bungalower and the Bus” HERE, recorded at the Orlando Meats in Ivanhoe Village.
📰 TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- Cinco Tacos and Tequila has closed.
- Slice by Pizza Bruno should make a great addition to Mills 50 sometime in April/May of this year.
- The former Handy Pantry is long gone and its
replacement, Eola General, is expected to open by the end of the month.
- Rockpit Brewing opened in SODO on Valentine’s Day.
- Delaney Hotel and Tavern looking at early summer opening in the former home of Doc’s Streetside Grille.
- East End Market’s Florida and Co. will soon become “Bird of Paradise.” But don’t worry, the menu isn’t really changing.
- Love Bungalower but wish we covered development throughout Orange County? Check out this new app that OC government set up to track local development.
- “10 people making Orlando marvelous.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Lynx buses: A neglected lifeline for Orlando’s working class.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “No civilians were shot by Orlando officers during the Pulse nightclub shooting, state attorney says.” – Orlando Weekly
🕵️ 📰 ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “New Winter Park land trust launches at end of month.” – Bungalower
- “Feeling inferior in Amsterdam.” – Medium
- “21 new specialty license plates could be coming to Florida.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Maitland cop fatally shoots rabid otter after multiple people bitten — ‘It hung on for a long time’” – Orlando Sentinel
- “25 Orlando hole-in-the-wall restaurants everyone needs to try.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Three workers injured at I-4 Ultimate Project in downtown Orlando.” – Orlando Weekly
- [PAYWALL] “Banner breaks ground on downtown Orlando’s newest apartment tower.” – GrowthSpotter
- [PAYWALL] “Here’s how Orlando stacks up among the top job-gaining U.S. metros.” – Orlando Business Journal
🔗 PARTNER LINKS:
- “Local Love Orlando hosts
fundraisingevent for Second Chance Wildlife Sanctuary.”
- “Lucky’s Market to sell new retail line from Second Harvest.”
🔥 HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 2/18: Carol Burnett (Downtown)
- Monday 2/18: Lydia Lunch “Verbal Burlesque” Dinner Theater (Colonialtown South)
- Tuesday 2/19: Advancing Sustainability – Transportation and Livability (Winter Park)
- Wednesday 2/20: Blue’s Birthday Peek a Boo (South Eola)
- Thursday 2/21: 3rd Thursday Art Pop-up (South Eola)
- Friday 2/22: Orlando Critical Mass (Ivanhoe Village)
- Friday 2/22: Project Red – Wigs in Space (West Orlando)
- Friday 2/22: Runway to Haiti (College Park)