SPONSORED by OCLS Library’s Farm-to-Cup Coffee event: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
If you missed us on Real Radio 104.1 this past Friday, you can still listen to our 107th episode of “Bungalower and the Bus” HERE, recorded at the Orlando Meats in Ivanhoe Village.
📰 TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- Lake Nona is getting autonomous shuttles but
don’tworry, they only go like … 16 mph.
- Uber’s JUMP Bike program is about to launch in Orlando so keep your eyes peeled for some new red bikes lining the city sidewalks.
- Swine and Sons
isbreaking away from the Ravenous Pig family and moving across the street.
- Broken Strings and Black Cauldron have amicably un-coupled from their Parramore-based taproom.
- A bill was filed to define “Tiny Homes” in Florida Law in order to use them as an official way to house people experiencing homelessness.
- E-real estate startup, REX, is launching in Orlando.
- Shawn Mendes is coming to Orlando this summer, in case you need to prepare yourself to swoon.
- “Here’s what Dale Whittaker’s draft UCF settlement includes.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “Going to Disney World? Avoid Orlando’s fast-food avalanche and find the best restaurants.” – Forbes
- “Florida’s tourism czar wants $76 million to combat negative publicity from Hurricane Michael, red tide.” – Orlando Weekly
🕵️ ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “M Lounge expanding next door for new catering kitchen.” – Bungalower
- “Orlando fire chief resigns following investigation into allegations of harassment.” – FOX 35
- “Hazmat team called out to OUC water plant after chemical leak.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Is the Orlando Sentinel moving? Readers (and staffers) want to know.” – Orlando Sentinel “Local musicians and venues come together to form Orlando’s small but mighty jazz scene.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “New Orlando west-side early learning center promises more than education.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “UCF President Dale Whittaker offers to resign amid
controversyover misspent millions.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “SunRail blogger is trying to be passenger’s voice.” – Pulptown
- “Patty Sheehan, Orlando’s first openly gay city commissioner to run for re-election.” – Watermark
- “Walking in Florida? You’re apparently in danger, study says.” – WFTV 9
- [PAYWALL] “Magnolia hotel design sails through Orlando ARB courtesy review.” – GrowthSpotter
- “Lakefront mid-century home in College Park wants $1,395,000.”
- “Funky College Park home listed for $359,900.”
🔗 PARTNER LINKS:
- “Locavore: Recipe for Coconut Cake at 4River’s Smokehouse.”
- “March Event Roundup for the Orange County Library.”
- “Cool Job Alert: News Writer for 32805 News.”
🔥 HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 2/25: From the Ashes – An Evening for Jim Bronzo (South Eola)
- Tuesday 2/26: Our Love/Hate Relationship with Parking in the Main Streets (North Quarter)
- Tuesday 2/26: Cult Classics – Shaft (Maitland)
- Wednesday 2/27: BBQ on the Boulevard (Downtown)
- Thursday 2/28: International Vegan Comfort Food Pop-up (Mills 50)
- Thursday 2/28: Puddles Pity Party (Milk District)
- Thursday 2/28: Winter Park Land Trust Launch Party (Winter Park)
- Thursday 2/28-March 10: Florida Strawberry Festival (Out of Bounds)
- Friday 3/1: 5th Annual Orlando City Pub Crawl (Downtown)
- Friday 3/1: An Intimate Evening with Sarah McLachlan (Downtown)