Guests will enjoy free admission all weekend while shopping with over 50 growers and vendors who will be showcasing a variety of plants and plant accessories across the botanical gardens.
Helpful hints for first-timers:
- Bring a plant cart. There’s a lot of walking at this event and you’ll be loading up on goodies so don’t be that chump learning to juggle with a fruit tree and a cactus.
- All vendors take cash but not all of them take credit card so pack a few bills before heading over to the gardens. You’d think green thumbs would want to go paperless.
- Brush your hair. You’ll want to take lots of selfies here as the tabebuias, camellias, and azaleas are gonna be bloomin’
- A bike and a bike trailer would be the smartest way to get to the sale, as parking is at a premium and you’ll get a little exercise in too.
- It’s a two-day event but if you want to get something really special, be sure to go on Saturday before everything is picked over. If you want to save some pennies on some less fancy pieces, by all means, come on Sunday.
- If you’re a Leu Gardens member you can get
in tothe event one hour earlier on Saturday to get things before all the other plant nerds show up. Early bird gets the worm compost tea.
Harry P. Leu Gardens is located at 1920 N. Forest Avenue [GMap] in Audubon Park.