SPONSORED by OCLS Library’s Farm-to-Cup Coffee event: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
If you missed us on Real Radio 104.1 this past Friday, you can still listen to our 108th episode of “Bungalower and the Bus” HERE, recorded at the Orlando Meats in Ivanhoe Village.
📰 TOP TEN HEADLINES:
Bambineis now open by Lake Eola, in the former Spice Modern Steakhouse space. Their patio is dog-friendly too.
- 🏳️🌈 The owners of Southern Nights are opening a third bar in their Milk District retail strip and it finally has a name.
- 🔐 Kona Grill closed in Winter Park.
- 🧀 La Femme du Fromage is opening a new location in the North Quarter.
- 🌵 Leu Gardens will host their annual Spring Plant Sale on March 9 and 10 so start greasing your wagon wheels, we got some plant-
buyin‘ to do!
- 🏗️The Tennis Garage on West Fairbanks is for sale and asking $750,000. They’ve been there forever and a day.
- 🏈 “Why Orlando Apollos have to live in Jacksonville, practice in Georgia for 36 days.” – USA Today
- ⚽ “RECAP: New York City 2, Orlando 2.” – SB Nation
- 🚌 “Lynx CEO Edward Johnson resigns amid turmoil at the public busing agency.” – Orlando Sentinel
- 🔨 “City Commissioner Samuel Ings files to run for Orlando mayor.” – Orlando Sentinel
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- 🍅 “City creates new Orlando Community Gardens Council.” –
- 🧞 “Cool Job Alert: Wish Coordinator at Make-A-Wish Foundation.” – Bungalower
- ⚽ “Orlando City sign ex-Galaxy, Whitecaps goalkeeper Brian Rowe.” – MLS Soccer
- 🎥 “TV4 Entertainment Relocates Global Operations to Orlando Region.” – Orlando Economic Partnership
- 🎢 “Proposed mega-park in Horizon West could be Orange County’s version of Central Park.” – Orlando Sentinel
- 🧗 “14 hidden caves in Florida you need to explore.” – Orlando Weekly
- 🛍️ “Bill that would ban cities from banning plastic straws moves forward in the Florida Senate.” – Orlando Weekly
- 🐊 “Gatorland offers half-price tickets this month for Florida residents.” – Orlando Weekly
- 👩🚒 “9 Orlando fire stations don’t have separate restrooms, changing or sleeping areas for women.” – WFTV 9
- 👨⚖️ “Florida lawmakers take
firststep to lure back film, TV industry.” – WFTV 9
- [PAYWALL] “New biz on the block: Launch That spins off new Orlando tech firm.” – Orlando Business Journal
- [PAYWALL] “V3 Capital seeks rezoning to build new office project in Winter Park.” – GrowthSpotter
- [PAYWALL] “Condev looking to sell shovel-ready site in tony Park Avenue neighborhood.” – GrowthSpotter
🤝 PARTNER LINKS:
- “2019 Orange County Regional Economic Summit taking place March 29.”
- “Learn how to weld at the Art and History Museums – Maitland.”
- “Our February print issue is available online.”
- “Venue Alert: Have you been to Polasek’s Capen House?”
- “Vote for 2019 Best of Orlando.” – Orlando Magazine
🔥 HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- ONGOING: Florida Strawberry Festival (Out of Bounds)
- Monday 3/4: Domestic Imports – Annual MFA Exhibition (Out of Bounds)
- Monday 3/4: Fab Fringe Fundraiser (South Eola)
- Monday 3/4: Farm-to-Cup Coffee – How the Bean Becomes Beverage (Downtown)
- Tuesday 3/5: Crawfish Eating Contest (Out of Bounds)
- Tuesday 3/5: DOP Foundation Launch (Downtown)
- Tuesday 3/5: Fiddler on the Roof (Downtown)
- Tuesday 3/5: Florida’s Fungi with Chris Matson (Audubon Park)
- Thursday 3/7: Panel – Orlando’s Future as a Smart and Sustainable City (Put of Bounds)
- Thursday 3/7: Watermark‘s WAVE Award Celebration (Downtown)
- Friday 3/8: The Golden Gals LIVE! (West Orlando)