SPONSORED by Downtown Darryl: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
If you missed us on Real Radio 104.1 this past Friday, you can still listen to our 109th episode of “Bungalower and the Bus” HERE, recorded at the Orlando Meats in Ivanhoe Village.
📰 TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- Eola General is now open in Lake Eola Heights.
- The new Imperial Winter Park location is now open.
- Sideward Brewing is now open for business in the Milk District.
- We know the opening date for the SODO Earth Fare location.
- Cool Job Alert: Orange County is hiring a new Chief Sustainability Officer.
- The Downtown Orlando Partnership has launched a new foundation to fund projects in the CRA.
- New designs released for the new Orlando Tennis Center in the Packing District.
- “New billion-dollar terminal at Orlando airport set to finish in 2021.” – ClickOrlando.com
- “Orlando home flipping falls to lowest level in 4 years as
of bargain houses dwindles.” – Orlando Sentinel supply
- “Smart transit, not I-4 Ultimate, is the answer to traffic woes.” – Orlando Sentinel
🕵️ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “College Park Foxtail Coffee concept will feature bagels by Pizza Bruno.” – Bungalower
- “Local startups to compete for prize money in
Riseof the Rest, April 30.”
- “Former senator behind saggy pants law running for Orlando City Council.” – ClickOrlando.com
- “Bike-friendly cities should be designed for everyone, not just for wealthy white cyclists.” – The Conversation
- “Mo Bamba’s guide to his favorite things to do in Orlando.” – Golf.com
- “Wall Street, seeking big tax breaks, sets sights on distressed Main Streets.” – The New York Times
- “Move the Florida capital to Orlando? One state senator wants to study the idea.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “No, that wasn’t an earthquake you just felt in Orlando: USGS says nothing registered.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Florida senator proposes 20 to 30-cent deposit on bottles and cans.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Amazon calls the whole New York thing off.” – Planetizen
- “New Sesame Street land to open in Orlando this month.” – Theme Park Insider
- “Do bike-share programs worsen travel disparities for the poor?” – The Washington Post
- “Former Orlando fire chief claims innocence in
resignationletter.” – WFTV 9
- [PAYWALL] “New Orlando hotel industry tool shows real impacts of tourism.” – Orlando Business Journal
🔗 PARTNER LINKS:
- “House of the Day: 3/3 in Colonialtown North wants $489,900.”
- “Cool Job Alert: Communications Coordinator at Six Agency.”
- “Local design agency
watsto know what your favorite Orlantone is.“
- “East End Market hosting Evening Exchange of local makers and foodies, March 15.”
🔥 HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 3/11: Book Arts Guild – March Meeting (Rollins College)
- Monday 3/11: The Golden Gals LIVE! (West Orlando)
- Tuesday 3/12: Cult Classics – Clash of the Titans (Maitland)
- Wednesday 3/13: Women Making History in Central Florida (Downtown)
- Thursday 3/14: Alliance for Regional Transportation presents Jarrett Walker (Downtown)
- Thursday 3/14: Pi Day 2019 (Parramore)
- Friday 3/15: The Winter Park Sidewalk Art Festival (Winter Park, duh)
- Friday 3/15: Central FL History 101 – Recovery, Growth, and War (Downtown)
- Friday 3/15: Evening Exchange at East End Market (Audubon Park)
- Friday 3/15: Lucked Up! St. Patrick’s Crawl (Downtown)
- Friday 3/15: Spring Sidewalk Sale (Hannibal Square)