SPONSORED by Downtown Darryl: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
If you missed us on Real Radio 104.1 this past Friday, you can still listen to our 110th episode of “Bungalower and the Bus” HERE, recorded at SOCO in Thornton Park.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- The City of Winter Park wants to hop in with the cool kids and is hosting a public forum on the development of “Orange Avenue District.”
- The new Colonialtown Lucky’s Market finally has an opening date.
- Ivanhoe Village Main Street lost and gained a new executive director all in the same week.
- Three Orlando breweries won gold at a statewide beer competition and our soft power ranking continues to grow abroad.
- Rollins College has brought back their Mister Rogers Walking Tour but that new barbershop mural isn’t on it.
- The City of Orlando just launched a streamlined website to better serve Orlandoans who need some help but don’t want to wait around twiddling their thumbs.
- City Hall says every new multifamily and commercial building has to have recycling. Or else!
- “Home building spiked in Orlando last year to the highest level in more than a decade.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “New documentary examines Orlando boy-band mogul and convicted fraudster Lou Pearlman.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Orlando drivers among the [most] aggressive in nation.” – WESH 2
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “Orlando City loses to Montreal Impact 3-1.” – FOX 35
- “Orlando ranks low on the happiest cities in America list.” – FOX 35
- “This man will eat only what he can grow or forage—here’s why.” – National Geographic
- “My day wearing a MAGA hat, and how Orlando reacted.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Sentinel’s departing food critic says: See you later, and thank you.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Women architects brought big-city style to ’20s Orlando.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Orlando is literally the worst place in the country right now for affordable housing.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Nerd Nite Orlando turns six.” – WMFE
- “New report shows cattle industry is a significant part of the local economy in urban areas like Orlando.” – WMFE
- [PAYWALL] “AdventHealth planning major expansion at downtown Orlando campus.” – GrowthSpotter
- “Locavore: Fish Tacos from Jimmy Hula’s.”
- “Great Reads: Orange County Public Library’s March book selections.”
- “Orlando Artist paints City Beautiful skyline on Ivanhoe brewery.”
- PRICE REDUCTION – “Beautiful historic Delaney Park property wants $599,900.”
- “Beautiful 4/3 in Colonialtown North asking $425,000.”
- “2/2 Lake Davis condo asking $199,000.”
- “Luxury unit in The Vue asking $819,000.”
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 3/18: Elton John in Orlando (Parramore)
- Tuesday 3/19: City Beautiful Skyline Unveiling (Ivanhoe Village)
- Tuesday 3/19: YDOC Women in Politics Panel (North Quarter)
- Wednesday 3/20: Orlando Magic vs. New Orleans (Parramore)
- Wednesday 3/20: Peek-a-Boo Burlesque Show (South Eola)
- Wednesday 3/20: Winter Park Wine and Dine (Winter Park)
- Thursday 3/21: CityArts Orlando Opening and Ribbon Cutting (Downtown)
- Friday 3/22: Conrad’s Christening (Mills 50)
- Friday 3/22: Zebra Coalition Benefit Show (Parramore)