SPONSORED by Orlando Ballet: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
If you missed us on Real Radio 104.1 this past Friday, you can still listen to our 112th episode of “Bungalower and the Bus” HERE.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- The City of Winter Park released new renderings for their Canopy/library project and we couldn’t see past the robot dogs.
- The CEO of Central Florida Commission on Homelessness has resigned, leaving questions about what their next steps are.
- The City of Orlando is updating its Bicycle Plan for the first time in 10 years.
- Queer Eye‘s Jonathan Van Ness is coming to Orlando in November.
- Cool Job Alert: Executive Director of Orange County Convention Center
- Edgewater Drive is becoming more ADA accessible, one block at a time.
- Rollins College just appointed a new dean of Hamilton Holt, signaling some big changes in the works for the school’s waffling night program.
- “Orlando home prices soaring in unexpected neighborhoods: Pine Hills, Orlo Vista, Parramore.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Smokable medical marijuana goes on sale in Orlando.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Aging water pipes to blame for
breakin downtown Orlando.” – WESH 2
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “Five-city bike ride returns on May 4.” –
- “Gift shop replacing Alchemy Hair Salon.” – Bungalower
- “Orlando still in the running for World Cup 2026.” – Bungalower
- “Whiskey Lou’s Lounge celebrating 50th Anniversary on April 14.” – Bungalower
- “Orange County firefighter Jason Wheat named Firefighter of the Year.” Winter Park/Maitland Observer
- “7 takeaways from the Orange County Regional Economic Summit.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “Brightline train eyes potential Disney station as it seeks $1.5B bond.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “Chief of Central Florida homeless commission, Shelley Lauten, resigns.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “The Rise of the Rest Seed Fund opens registration today for it’s Orlando pitch competition event.” – Orlando Venture Sourcing
- “Local restaurants and chefs excluded from
listof Beard Awards finalists.” – Scott Joseph’s Orlando Restaurant Guide
- “Police release pictures of suspects involved in pregnant woman attack.” – WESH 2
- [PAYWALL] “Downtown Orlando tech firm to expand after acquisition.” – Orlando Business Journal
- [PAYWALL] “Dream big: Orlando architects and engineers sound off on industry problems, solutions.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “Lakefront home in Park Lake/Highland asking $825,000.”
- “Historic Lake Eola Heights home asking $410,000.”
- “April event roundup for the Orange County Library.”
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 4/1: Celebrating Allen Johnson – Downtowner of the Year (Downtown)
- Tuesday 4/2: Creating Habitat in the Urban Landscape (Leu Gardens)
- Tuesday 4/2: Loose Lips – The April Edition (Mills 50)
- Wednesday 4/3: Creating a Resilient Community (Out of Bounds)
- Wednesday 4/3: Grand Opening Party (Downtown)
- Wednesday 4/3: Building a Water Resilience Plan in Orlando (Audubon Park)
- Wednesday 4/3: MUTTNIK – One Night Only (Ivanhoe Village)
- Thursday 4/4: What’s Up Downtown – A Look Into Downtown’s Past (Downtown)
- Friday 4/5: FAVO First Friday Art Party (Park Lake/Highland)
- Friday 4/5: The Little Merman from the Black Lagoon (Parramore)