Haute Velo is a new bicycle-themed poster show taking place in Orlando this spring.
Event organizers Mark Egeland and Tim Hayes were inspired by ArtCrank (Website) a huge bike poster party featuring art by local artists that started in Minneapolis but has since expanded to shows across the country and to London, England.
Artists must send the following information to [email protected] by Wednesday, May 1 to qualify for the show.
Theme and Design:
- Any kind of bicycle, riding style, era of history.
- Limit of one poster design per artist – so make it good.
Format and Media
- The show is dedicated exclusively to poster art – which means two dimensional printed artwork.
- Folding pieces and multi-page booklets will not be accepted.
- Artists are responsible for printing their own posters. Printers recommended upon request.
- Printing options include screen printing (preferred), letterpress, archival inkjet, and color laser prints.
- Standard poster sizes include 16×20, 18×24, 19×25
- Maximum size is 19×25
- 1 Display copy to be archived by Haute Velo
- Minimum of 25 copies for sale – signed and numbered.
- Display and sale copies must be submitted flat; not rolled or folded.
- All posters will be priced and sold at $20-50 a piece.
- Suggested price is $30
- Checks for poster sale revenues will be issued within 30 days of the end of the event. All unsold posters will be returned to the artist post-event.
- Haute Velo and partners will receive a 20 percent commission on poster sales
- Artists will receive the remaining 80 percent revenue per poster sold.
The inaugural Haute Velo show will take place at Arts on Arlington, the home of McRae Art Studios and ArtReach Orlando, located at 1000 Arlington Street [GMap]. The event is scheduled for Saturday, June 8.
Following the June 8th event, the show will move over to B3 Cafe in Audubon Park and remain hung through July 7.