The tour, led by AOL co-founder Steve Case, is looking to fund startups that are attacking traditional industries with innovative products and services.
Applications were accepted through March 11 and today eight regional startups were announced as finalists. They include:
- AireHealth | AireHealth is revolutionizing care management and drug delivery for respiratory illness via a connected-portable nebulizer. The company just won the Crummer Rollins Venture Plan Competition and currently participates in the University of Central Florida Business Incubator Program.
- Alertgy | Alertgy has developed a non-invasive continuous blood glucose monitor and alert system and is a 2018 graduate of VentureScaleUp.
- Doghead Simulations | Doghead Simulations creates rumii, a social-virtual reality platform that enables people to educate and collaborate in a 3D virtual environment.
- Edukate | Edukate is a financial wellness platform that empowers employees with personalized financial benefits and guidance. The company recently graduated from StarterStudio, which also provided seed fund investment.
- FleetZoo | FleetZoo is a platform that delivers increased profitability to fleet owners in the services and last-mile delivery space. The company is a 2017 graduate of VentureScaleUp, won the Crummer Rollins Venture Plan Competition last year, is a spinoff by a graduate of the UCF Incubator Program (Productivity Apex).
- InitWeather | InitWeather uses artificial intelligence to develop more accurate weather forecasts for the energy and financial industries.
- Millebot | Millebot designs and builds a giant containerized 3D printer for on-demand production.
- Pangian | Pangian is a social network powered by artificial intelligence for millennial telecommuters. The company was a finalist in the 2018 Crummer Rollins Venture Plan Competition and is a graduate of both VentureScaleUp and StarterStudio, which also provided seed fund investment.
Tickets are now available for the Revolution Rise of the Rest Orlando event where the selected startups will engage in a pitch competition with the goal to win $100,000 from the Rise of the Rest Seed Fund. The event will take place 4:30-7 p.m. at the Cheyenne Saloon on Church Street in Downtown Orlando.
Tickets are free but you must register HERE to attend.