SPONSORED by Downtown Darryl Real Estate: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
If you missed us on Real Radio 104.1 this past Friday, you can still listen to our 119th episode of “Bungalower and the Bus” HERE.
Get our Top Ten in your inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- The Orlando Economic Partnership has released their Orlando 2030 report and the forecast is CROWDED.
- The final plans for the Corrine Drive corridor redesign in Audubon Park have been released and we’ve got the diagrams and the whole report for your reading pleasure.
- Italian restaurant Tre Bambine is closed after only two-and-a-half months of being open in the former Spice space on Lake Eola.
- If you have some feels about the impending Robinson Street road diet you should come to this upcoming community meeting and share them … or forever hold your peace.
- Our editor got to sit down and interview our exiting City Planning Division Manager, Dean Grandin.
- A reader asked us what the deal was with this whole lovebug thing was, so we looked into it for them.
- “Metro Orlando home sales fall again as supply remains small.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Attempted coup, scheming at Orlando airport raise bright red flag.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Everything you need to know to have a blast at Orlando Fringe Festival.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Central Florida 100: Elite schools, straws and Orange County’s future.” – Orlando Sentinel
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “Bring to Orlando: Privately-funded Smart bus shelters.” – Bungalower
- “New ‘BITE’ concept now open in former Skyhouse Your Pie space.” – Bungalower
- “Orlando approves plan to build affordable housing on Town Center Boulevard.” – Click Orlando
- “Orlando council brushes aside concerns, OKs Orange Center Boulevard sale in plan to boost affordable housing.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Opponents of offshore drilling join ‘Hands Across the Sand’ on 30 Florida beaches.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Disassociation: Breaking with Beard.” – Scott Joseph’s Orlando Restaurant Guide
- “Women’s Tennis Continues NCAA Journey in Orlando.” – UCLABruins.com
- “Rollins College building gets construction funds, new name.” – Winter Park/Maitland Observer
- [PAYWALL] “Mill Creek tweaks design for Modera apartments at Creative Village.” – GrowthSpotter
- “Remodeled 1920’s Colonial home in Park Lake Highland asking $499,000.”
- “Move-in ready solar-powered home wants $270,000.”
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Tuesday 5/21: Dine for Paws benefiting Pet Alliance (Curry Ford)
- Tuesday 5/21: Orlando Story Club – Life on the Edge (Ivanhoe Village)
- Tuesday 5/21: 2019 Feet on Fire South (SODO)
- Wednesday 5/22: The Billy Manes Legacy Mural Unveiling Party (Thornton Park)
- Wednesday 5/22: James Lecesne Master Artist Community Outreach (Downtown)
- Wednesday 5/22: Rooted – Plant-based Chef Collaboration (North Quarter)
- Wednesday 5/22: What If? The Future of Here (North Quarter)
- Thursday 5/23: Alterity.co presents Dark Wood (SODO)
- Thursday 5/23: Summertime Wine Walkaround Tasting (College Park)
- Thursday 5/23: Chef’s Night featuring Local Chefs (Out of Bounds)