SPONSORED by SarahSellsForSchools.com: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
If you missed us on Real Radio 104.1 this past Friday, you can still listen to our 120th episode of “Bungalower and the Bus” HERE.
Get our Top Ten in your inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- Another week, another set of designs for something in The Packing District. This time they’re for the gigantic food hall in the former ReStore building.
- Not all heroes wear capes – check out this list of local bottomless mimosa deals made by an amazing Orlandoan who knows what we need before we do.
- Soon you could be able to throw axes AND drink beers at Epic Axe Throwing in Downtown Orlando.
- Hawkers is looking to expand their Mills 50 location again but the City isn’t that into it. Why? Because “parking.”
- So, the Travel Channel named Teak Neighborhood Grill as having the Best Burger in the entire state of Florida.
- Sarasota-based Observer Media Group shuttered their Winter Park/Maitland paper last week.
- You asked so we looked into it, and yes, the Church Street Main Street is eyeing up an expansion into Parramore.
- “Orlando Pride signs three national team replacement players.” – FOX 35
- “Orlando City owner Flávio Augusto Da Silva plans to shift focus to philanthropy in 2022, may sell team.” – Pro Soccer USA
- “Uber backs off plan to launch bikes in Orlando, company says.” – Orlando Sentinel
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “Why Winter Park, Florida is one of the coolest suburbs in America.” – Apartment Therapy
- “Caro-Bama leaving brick and mortar in the dust.” – Bungalower
- “Did you snatch up your May zine?” – Bungalower
- “Winter Park Masonic Lodge building to get facelift.” – Bungalower
- “Siemens, city of Orlando announce expanded technology partnership.” – Click Orlando
- “Orlando Magic replaces stolen memorabilia items at museum.” – FOX 35
- “Florida Man: what lies behind the Sunshine State’s crazy stereotype?” – The Guardian
- “There’s an online petition to disbar the Clearwater lawyer who left a raccoon to die 20 miles offshore.” –Orlando Weekly
- “Visit Florida cut 44 of its 135 staff members yesterday.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Virgin Trains kicks off work on rail line to link Orlando to Miami.” – Sun Sentinel
- “Virgin Trains USA announces contractors, construction details for Orlando expansion.” – Trains.com
- “Baby fox rescued from storm drain near Orlando.” – WESH 2
- “Wells’ Built Museum to unveil Orlando Magic memorabilia after smash and grab theft.” – WFTV
- “Locavore: Learn to make Ravenous Pig’s Elvis French Toast.”
- “Enzian screening Paris is Burning on June 24.”
- “Orlando Museum of Art kicks off Florida Prize exhibition with Preview Party.”
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 5/27: Back To The Future 2 Movie Monday (Milk District)
- Tuesday 5/28: Can’t Get There From Here! Transportation (North Quarter)
- Tuesday 5/28: Concert Version of El Wiz (SODO)
- Tuesday 5/28: West Lakes Dinner and Chat (West Orlando)
- Wednesday 5/29: Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome (Maitland)
- Thursday 5/30: Sierra Nevada Dinner Pairing (Ivanhoe Village)
- Friday 5/31: Florida Prize Exhibition Preview Party (Ivanhoe Village)
- Friday 5/31: Orlando Critical Mass (Ivanhoe Village)
- Friday 5/31: Orlando’s Big Gay Weekend (West Orlando)