SPONSORED by Downtown Darryl Real Estate: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
If you missed us on Real Radio 104.1 this past Friday, you can still listen to our 122nd episode of “Bungalower and the Bus” HERE.
Get our Top Ten in your inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- Orlando City Soccer has sold the naming rights to their stadium, which will now be called “Exploria Resorts.”
- Orlando City Council just voted to “ban” single-use trash in public parks and venues but there are still some loopholes.
- A reader asked so we looked into it; the City of Orlando is expanding the Constitution Green dog park.
- There’s a new selfie warehouse coming to Parramore that will have official Instagram husbands making rotations to take your photos for you.
- We told you Belicoso Cigars was leaving Park Avenue for Mills Park and everyone complained about the smell of the smoke.
- Orlando City Soccer may move its Fan Zone from Church Street downtown to an empty field by the stadium.
- “Orlando mayor reschedules State of City address due to President Trump visit.” – Click Orlando
- “Central Florida home prices are falling for the first time in 7 years.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “NPR’s The 3 Wise Guys reflect on the three-year mark of the Pulse shooting.” – Watermark
- “Central Florida 100: Remembering, honoring those we lost in Pulse shooting.” – Orlando Sentinel
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “Cool Job Alert: Smart City Program Manager, Panasonic CityNOW.” – Bungalower
- “Solar Bears hosting equipment sale, June 15.” – Bungalower
- “Central Floridians rave over first Presidente Supermarket in Orlando.” – Click Orlando
- “Pedestrian fatally struck by SunRail train in Orlando.” – Click Orlando
- “Motorcyclist dies on I-95 after helmet struck by lightning, FHP says.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “WFTV anchor Martha Sugalski hospitalized.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Chef Camilo Velasco leaves Winter Park’s Ravenous Pig for Disney.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Orlando ‘nerd non-profit’ gets kids off the phone and engaged with others.” – WESH 2
- “Orlando resident talks about his experience while competing in American Ninja Warrior.” – WESH 2
- [PAYWALL] “Orlando Health files plans for corporate office in SoDo district.” – GrowthSpotter
- “Interactive Halo nerdgasm coming to Orlando this summer.”
- “World Tennis Team comes to Orlando.”
- “Beautiful 3/2 in College Park asking $539,000.”
- “Spring Lake 3/3 home asking $489,000.”
- “Lakefront Delaney condo asking $167,900.”
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 6/10: Longleaf Pine Restoration Workshop (Out of Bounds)
- Tuesday 6/11: Pulptown Monthly Meetup – June (Downtown)
- Wednesday 6/12: Annual Pulse Remembrance Ceremony (SODO)
- Wednesday 6/12: Functionally Literate – Ilyse Kusnetz (Ivanhoe Village)
- Wednesday 6/12: Hunger Street X Pizza Bruno (Winter Park)
- Thursday 6/13: 2019 ULI Florida Summit (Out of Bounds)
- Thursday 6/13: Nerd Nite Orlando – Stonewall Uprising and Power of Women’s Anger (Audubon Park)
- Thursday 6/13: Popcorn Flicks in the Park – Apollo 13 (Winter Park)
- Friday 6/14: The Milky Way (The Milk District)
- Friday 6/14: Ivanhoe Parketplace Gent Life Edition (Ivanhoe Village)