SPONSORED by Downtown Darryl Real Estate: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
If you missed us on Real Radio 104.1 this past Friday, you can still listen to our 123rd episode of “Bungalower and the Bus” HERE.
Get our Top Ten in your inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- The newly-renovated Wally’s Mills Avenue Liquors is opening tonight (Monday) but we got an early look last week.
- President Trump is coming to town on Tuesday and here’s a map of what roads will probably be affected.
- Hourglass Brewing is opening a new brewery in, drumroll, the Hourglass District and we have the opening date.
- Latin superstar Prince Royce is performing a free concert at Wall Street Plaza next month for the All Star game.
- Zillow is in the house-buying game now, joining the e-ranks with Opendoor, REX, and Redfin.
- Manny’s Chophouse closed their Baldwin Park restaurant.
- “onePULSE Foundation — which is raising money for memorial — should be audited, Central Florida lawmakers say.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “More than 100 bike racks have been installed at Orlando businesses to address a ‘definite need’” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Here’s a tool that shows where renters are looking to move in Orlando.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Virgin Trains gives updates on both its planned routes in Orlando.” – Orlando Business Journal
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “New indoor farmers market draws lines around the block.” – Bungalower
- “Orlando actor in new Stephen King film, Doctor Sleep.” – Bungalower
- “Heavy rain wreaks havoc on I-4 in Orlando.” – Click Orlando
- “Hungry? New book explores what makes Orlando’s foodie scene special.” – Click Orlando
- “People unite to form giant heart in downtown Orlando, tribute for Pulse victims.” – FOX 35
- “Orlando’s Hottest Neighborhoods: Where the most homes were sold in Q1 2019.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “Agave Azul owner owes employees $83,577 in unpaid wages, investigation finds.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Orlando utility asks customers what they want for the future of energy.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “NASA is opening the International Space Station to businesses and private citizens.” – Orlando Venture Sourcing
- “Trump, who told NASA to go to the moon, now wants it to stop talking about going to the moon.” – Orlando Venture Sourcing
- “Great Reads: Orange County Public Library’s June book selections.”
- “Be sure to grab our June print edition.”
- “Body positive Splash Bash taking place July 21.”
- “College Park 1,537 SF home asking $375,000.”
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 6/17: Movie on the Water – The Meg (Out of Bounds)
- Tuesday 6/18: Free Sushi on International Sushi Day (Various Locations)
- Tuesday 6/18: Win With Love Rally (Parramore)
- Wednesday 6/19: Lucky’s Colonial Bacon Cutting Ceremony (Colonialtown)
- Wednesday 6/19: Qualified Opportunity Zone Seminar (Downtown)
- Thursday 6/20: Bicycle Repair Clinic (Ivanhoe Village)
- Thursday 6/20: Bite Night 2019 (Church Street)
- Thursday 6/20: Dining in the Dark 2019 (Out of Bounds)
- Thursday 6/20: Metamorphosis at CityArts Factory (Downtown)
- Thursday 6/20: VINOversity Wine Tasting Social (Ivanhoe Village)
- Thursday 6/20: Vision Zero Community Meeting (Downtown)
- Friday 6/21: Central Florida Poverty Conference (Ivanhoe Village)
- Friday 6/21: Evening Exchange at East End (Audubon Park)