SPONSORED by the Global Peace Film Festival: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
If you missed us on Real Radio 104.1 this past Friday, you can still listen to our 126th episode of “Bungalower and the Bus” HERE which was recorded at Felipe Rodgriguez Tequila House in Thornton Park.
Get our Top Ten in your inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.
Side Note: Our editor, Brendan O’Connor, was recognized as one of “15 People to Watch” by Orlando Magazine in their “50 Most Powerful People” issue!
Click HERE to read it for yourself.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- Fox Nation talk show host Tomi Lahren will host a book signing event at Barnes and Noble this week.
- The Orange County Regional History Center is auctioning off one-of-a-kind items this summer and we want all the things.
- A new Mexican-inspired hot dog cart will be opening in Mills 50 this summer featuring a luchador hot dog vendor.
- A new bagel concept called Swan City Bagels has opened in Eola General.
- 7-Eleven has a delivery app to facilitate all-day Slurpee goodness, but they won’t come to your house yet.
- The Grand Master Mimosa List has been updated.
- “100 Things You Must Do in Orlando.” – Orlando Weekly
- “A self-driving 18-wheeler was tested on the Florida Turnpike earlier this month.” – Orlando Weekly
- “UCF’s new Smart Cities Master’s Program to support urban systems.” – UCF Today
- “Two sailboats will sail around Lake Eola to promote MLS All-Star game.” – The Daily City
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “Orlando airport doused in fuel during emergency landing.” ABC News
- “Orlando Federal Credit Union gets $1 City Hall lease renewed.” – Bungalower
- “Dog-friendly dining: Bring your pup to these Orlando-area restaurants.” – Click Orlando
- “New downtown coffee shop going under The Robinson.” – The Daily City
- “City of Orlando issues call for local art to showcase for Hispanic Heritage Month.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Opera Orlando commissions work, heads to Cheyenne Saloon as revenue tops $1 million.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Traffic: Crash involving Lynx bus blocks lanes in downtown Orlando.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Orlando tech firms get boost as Tampa investment fund expands here.” – Orlando Venture Sourcing
- “BITE 2019: The best guide to Orlando dining.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Here’s a roundup of all the new Florida laws that went into effect today.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Locavore: El Diablo Poke Bowl from Da Kine Poke.”
- “United Arts opens applications for 2020 Operating Support Grants.”
- “Great Reads: Orange County Public Library’s July book selections.”
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 7/8: Edible Orlando Summer Issue Release Party (Winter Park)
- Tuesday 7/9: Cult Classics – Drop Dead Gorgeous (Maitland)
- Tuesday 7/9: ICAST 2019 Fishing Trade Show (Out of Bounds)
- Wednesday 7/10: New Moon Market Downtown Grand Opening (Downtown)
- Wednesday 7/10: Sad Summer Festival (Orlando Amphitheater)
- Wednesday 7/10: Wined Up Wednesday (Winter Park)
- Wednesday 7/10: Orlando City vs New York (Parramore)
- Wednesday 7/10: Orlando Story Club – Cake for Breakfast (South Eola)
- Thursday 7/11: Popcorn Flicks in the Park – The Little Mermaid (Winter Park)
- Friday 7/12: Downtown Gap Study Pop-up Meeting (Downtown)
- Friday 7/12: Bloom Fest in Central Park (Winter Park)
- Friday 7/12: No Filter Friday Pop-up (Downtown)