This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Our latest episode of “Bungalower and The Bus” on Real Radio 104.1 has been podcasted and is available HERE, and was recorded at The Alfond Inn’s Hamilton’s Kitchen.
In case you missed it, Bungalower was just awarded Best Local Instagram and Third Best Local Publication by Orlando Weekly readers in their “Best Of” issue.
Tell your friends how to get our Top Ten roundup in their inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- Enzian Theater is hosting an internet cat video marathon event next month.
- The Noodles and Rice owners have closed their Mills 50 restaurant and according to the landlord it had nothing to do with rent prices.
- Habit Burger closed all three local locations of their restaurant chain.
- McQueens Social Lounge is now open downtown and it’s really cool.
- College Park is transforming their parking spaces into tiny parks – for one night only.
- Speaking of College Park, they just hired a new executive director.
- Salata Salad Kitchen is opening a new location in Winter Park Village.
- “Vacant since the ’90s, last slice of the old Orlando Naval annex is for sale.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Bakery Plus has reopened and brought old-fashioned doughnut joy back to SoDo.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Central Florida receives more than $3 million to fight terrorism.” – WESH 2
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “Universal Design guidelines for public parks.” – American Society of Landscape Architects
- “Here’s why Orlando is one of the best cities to find a job.” – Click Orlando
- “Your guide to the 4 most popular spots in Orlando’s Central Business District neighborhood.” – Click Orlando
- “An artist designs a handbook to help migrants survive.” – Hyperallergic
- “Orlando Photo Spots Vol.6.” – Lemonhearted
- “Orlando City vs. Atlanta United – Five Takeaways.” – The Mane Land
- “Get your yard certified as an official wildlife habitat.” – National Wildlife Federation
- “5G coverage coming to Orlando, bringing potentially 20,000 small-cell nodes.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Dr. Phillips Center funding flap is about more than money.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “‘Eyesore on I-4′ tower still isn’t done, in part because of I-4 construction mess.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “UCF leaders transferred more than $99M in operating funds improperly, report finds.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “The 25 hottest restaurants in the Orlando area right now.” – Orlando Weekly
- “12 Awesome non-Disney things to do near Orlando.” – Philadelphia Magazine
- [PAYWALL] “Inverlad prepping for next phase of Yard at Ivanhoe.” – GrowthSpotter
- [PAYWALL] “It takes a (Creative) Village – How downtown’s $1.5B development may look in 2030.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “College Park charmer asking $419,900.”
- “Historic Lancaster bungalow asking $599,000.”
- “New Phil Kean townhome in Winter Park asking $1,399,000.”
- “Bungalower’s Foxy Day: August 22, 2019.”
- “Orlando Economic Partnership looking for Innovation Awards nominations.”
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Tuesday 8/27: Realtor Self-Defense Class (Downtown)
- Tuesday 8/27: ReThinking Infill and Affordable Housing (North Quarter)
- Wednesday 8/28: Do Good Date Night – Back to School (Out of Bounds)
- Wednesday 8/28: Lunch & Learn – Building Downtown’s Future (Downtown)
- Wednesday 8/28: UCF Taste of Downtown (Parramore)
- Thursday 8/29: Levitt Orlando Happy Hour (Milk District)
- Thursday 8/29: Nerd Nite Orlando – Special Edition (Audubon Park)
- Thursday 8/29: Star Wars – Galaxy’s Edge Grand Opening (Out of Bounds)
- Thursday 8/29: They Came From Planet Yaaasss! (Milk District)
- Friday 8/30: Orlando Critical Mass (Ivanhoe Village)
- Friday 8/30: Yacht Rock Patio Party (Milk District)