This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Our latest episode of “Bungalower and The Bus” on Real Radio 104.1 has been podcasted and is available HERE. This week’s episode was sponsored by the Dapper Dental in Winter Park.
Tell your friends how to get our Top Ten roundup in their inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- The onePULSE Foundation released its top six concepts for their National Pulse Memorial and Museum and they’re all pretty ambitious.
- Florida Citrus Sports just canceled the Citrus Parade, forever and ever.
- Creative Village has convinced Electronic Arts to move downtown in the hopes of becoming sexy enough to land even more big tech company fish.
- WalletHub, whose emails we rarely open, told us last week that Orlando has placed third again in their imaginary rankings of Vegetarian and Vegan-Friendly Cities.
- An English pop-up group is hosting a Clue-style treasure hunt in downtown Orlando this November.
- There’s a new Latin bistro concept opening in the North Quarter.
- “12,000 gallons of sewage spill into Orlando ponds.” – Click Orlando
- “Universal Orlando employee fired for flashing white power sign in family photo.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “UCF’s lazy river: Perk for athletes and fans, or ‘unadulterated waste’ of money?” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Ask Orlando: Did Trump stiff the city on his campaign visit?” – Orlando Sentinel
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “Passenger boards plane out of Orlando International Airport without ticket, ID.” – 90.7 WMFE
- “Weird Alert: Map reveals most-searched names, city by city.” – Bungalower
- “A nighttime ice rink with bumper cars is coming to Orlando.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Orlando 4 Rivers locations celebrate 10-year anniversary with giant $10 ‘Mega Meat’ sandwiches.” – Orlando Weekly
- “New Bakery: Light On The Sugar Bakery Cafe opens in Winter Park, FL.” – Tasty Chomps
- “Orlando City Commissioner Patty Sheehan goes up against new-to-politics Corey DeVogel for District 4.” – Watermark
- “Worker’s death at Orlando highway project halts construction.” – WCJB
- [PAYWALL] “Townhomes and apartments planned in Orlando’s Rosemont neighborhood.” – GrowthSpotter
- “Lake Formosa-facing rental asking $1,650 a month.”
- “Colonialtown bungalow asking $240,000.”
- “Two-story College Park pool home wants $700,000.”
- “OneRepublic performed live on XL 106.7.”
- “Locavore: Crispy Chicken Sandwich from Swine and Sons.”
- “Cool Job Alert: Development Manager at Art and History Museums – Maitland.”
- “Great Reads: Orange County Public Library’s October book selections.”
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 10/7: Bungalower Bingo Night at Wally’s (Mills 50)
- Tuesday 10/8: Ugly Orange – Art and Music (Winter Park)
- Wednesday 10/9: An Evening with Ken Stringfellow (SoDo)
- Thursday 10/10: Central Florida Leadership Forum (Out of Bounds)
- Thursday 10/10: Coppelia Ballet (Downtown)
- Thursday 10/10: BASE – Halloween Body Art Show (Mills 50)
- Friday 10/11: Let’s Have A Ball (Ivanhoe Village)
- Friday 10/11: Paranormal Investigations at the Waterhouse (Maitland)
- Friday 10/11: The Second City Greatest Hits (Downtown)
- Friday 10/11: SNAP! Presents City Unseen 2.0 (Downtown)
CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT WHAT ELSE IS IN OUR ONLINE CALENDAR THIS WEEK.