SPONSORED: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Our latest episode of “Bungalower and The Bus” on Real Radio 104.1 has been podcasted and is available HERE. This week’s episode was recorded at the newly-opened Tin and Taco restaurant in College Park.
Tell your friends how to get our Top Ten roundup in their inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- The local election is on November 5 and here’s what you need to know.
- The OnePulse Foundation just announced their winning design team for its museum and memorial.
- The budget for the Orlando Magic’s new “Entertainment District” in downtown Orlando has doubled and we have the updated plans.
- Three dudes who used to be affiliated with the Thornton Park Anthony’s Pizza are opening a new concept in Thornton Park.
- Church Street Main Street is moving forward with its expansion into Parramore and the Central Business District.
- Orlando ranked as the 39th “Rattiest City” in the nation.
- The Orlando Ballet and the Dr. Phillips Center were in a fight but now they’ve totally kissed and made up, y’all.
- Winter Park has launched its search for an I-4 artist. Spoiler, they don’t want a giant Godzilla statue.
- “Thad Seymour Sr., former president of Rollins College, dies at 91.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Watch: Officers question woman who snuck onto plane at Orlando International Airport.” – Orlando Sentinel
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “The Help-Yourself City.” – 99% Invisible
- “Why we need to dream bigger than bike lanes.” – CityLab
- “The troubling economics of food halls.” – Medium
- “The uncomfortable truth about the capture of Markeith Loyd.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Mills 50 Cantonese noodle joint Tasty Wok moving.” – Orlando Weekly
- [PAYWALL] “Apartment complexes in Orlando are renting out some units to tourists, Airbnb style.” – GrowthSpotter
- “Beautifully-upgraded 3/2 in College Park asking $350,000.”
- “3/2 College Park home wants $379,000.”
- “Beautiful Hourglass District home asking $385,000.”
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 11/4: Pop Goes The Pig pop-up dinner (Winter Park)
- Tuesday 11/5: RuPaul’s Drag Race Tour (Milk District)
- Tuesday 11/5: Severe Storm Spotter Training (East Orlando)
- Wednesday 11/6: The Black Keys (Downtown)
- Thursday 11/7: Balls, Bacon, and Brew (Winter Park)
- Friday 11/8: EDC Orlando 2019 (Parramore)