SPONSORED: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Our latest episode of “Bungalower and The Bus” on Real Radio 104.1 has been podcasted and is available HERE. This week’s episode was recorded at the newly-opened Bagel Bruno/Foxtail location in College Park.
Tell your friends how to get our Top Ten roundup in their inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- A school resource officer was fired for pulling a student’s hair.
- Orlando City Hall is looking at pilot testing a new public toilet program because we have no public restrooms downtown that are open at night and everyone pees outside.
- An arson lit Beefy King on fire but they found him next door the following day, causing a scene at The Drunken Monkey.
- Termites are bugging Winter Park so they’re closing over Thanksgiving to fumigate the City Hall building.
- Ivanhoe Village is about to usher in the holiday season with its Jingle Eve event on November 23.
- Ryan Seacrest’s private foundation is sponsoring a media center in Orlando Health where patients can make their own radio and television shows.
- A new industrial-chic warehouse project is coming to the SoDo District.
- “Beefy King arson: Man suspected of setting fire that damaged iconic Orlando restaurant arrested.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “The Floridabilt takes over Church Street’s historic railroad depot with nightlife ambitions and a strong historical backbone.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Inclusive Playground Coming to Lake Lorna Doone Park in Parramore.” – The Daily City
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “Bloomberg Philanthropies wants to paint your pavement.” – Bungalower
- “Book Hoarders host meetup, Thursday, November 14.” – Bungalower
- “Petition to get James Beard Foundation to give Orlando an award.” – The Daily City
- “Orlando airport board selects interim attorney.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Pharmacists in Florida could soon be able to treat flu and strep throat.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Suspect in Beefy King arson fire arrested.” – Scott Joseph’s Orlando Restaurant Guide
- “Mayor’s City Academy 2020 taking applications.”
- “Milk District hosting KrampusFest block party, December 8.”
- “Orlando couple makes 30-pound Baconator Burger on YouTube.”
- “Ramen Rumble returns for third year in Baldwin Park.”
- “Volunteer Spotlight: Get to know Edible Education Experience.”
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 11/18: Death Cafe Orlando (Hourglass District)
- Monday 11/18: District Dive Grand Opening (Milk District)
- Tuesday 11/19: Men’s Night at La Belle (Downtown)
- Thursday 11/21: Good Morning LIVE! (Downtown)
- Friday 11/22: Florida Man Music Festival (Downtown)
- Friday 11/22: Florida Tiny House Festival (Out of Bounds)
- Friday 11/22: Free Play Florida Electronic Gaming Expo (Out of Bounds)