SPONSORED by the Orlando Museum of Art: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Our latest episode of “Bungalower and The Bus” on Real Radio 104.1 has been podcasted and is available HERE. This week’s episode was recorded at Ivanhoe Park Brewing Company in Ivanhoe Village.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- Orlando City just hired an award-winning coach to head its soccer team.
- Bakari Burns beat out Gary “droopy drawers” Siplin for the District 6 commissioner seat.
- One of the largest homes in the nation is coming to Winter Park.
- The Downtown Orlando Partnership just named its new executive director.
- We’ve got our super-cool list of the best Orlando gifts right here.
- Orange County Government has a new grant program to help local organizations rent larger venues in 2020.
- The Edyth Bush Foundation is hoping to build a fancier new home.
- “Conway residents say a thief is stealing their neighborhood peacocks.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Crews work to preserve historic Orlando church after roof collapse.” – Click Orlando
- “Hannibal Square restaurants can now sell alcohol as late as Park Avenue restaurants.” – The Daily City
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “Kids raised in walkable cities earn more money as adults.” – CityLab
- “Place Marketing: How one midwestern city is transforming its brand.” – Forbes
- “How Bryant Park’s iconic chairs revolutionized public spaces.” – Gothamist
- “‘Hostile Architecture’: How public spaces keep the public out.” – The New York Times
- “Bicyclists say Central Florida car drivers use ‘punishment passes’ to intimidate them.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Making It Rain: Is rainwater capture the new solar panel.” – Reasons To Be Cheerful
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 12/8: Ramen Rumble 3 (Baldwin Park)
- Wednesday 12/11: Orlando Story Club: Homecoming (South Eola)
- Thursday 12/12: Holiday on the Drive 2019 (College Park)
- Friday 12/13: AKC National Championship (Out of Bounds)
- Friday 12/13: TEDx Winter Park – Being Human (Mills 50)