SPONSORED by Walden Community School: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Our latest episode of “Bungalower and The Bus” on Real Radio 104.1 has been podcasted and is available HERE. This week’s episode was recorded at the Floridabilt in the historic Church Street Station.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- Graffiti Junktion has closed its Church Street location.
- Orlando City Council just approved scooters.
- An upcoming apartment tower is looking to short-term rentals as a short-term plan to make money while they lease spaces.
- Cavo’s Bar and Kitchen is open in Thornton Park.
- Check out this perfect office space downtown for any aspiring evil geniuses. Perfect for anyone with a zeppelin.
- A new sushi restaurant is moving into a former Colonialtown taco shop space.
- “It takes her 3 hours to travel 15 miles by bus. Orlando’s public transit is failing workers.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “The 50 Best U.S. Cities for Starting a Business in 2020.” – Inc.com
- “Another downtown restaurant may shutter.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “EDC gives $60K to Orlando over noise, traffic, trash complaints.” – WFTV 9
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “Bakari Burns lays out vision for Orlando’s District 6.” – 90.7 WMFE
- “Volunteer Spotlight: Getting to know Pet Alliance of Greater Orlando.” – Bungalower
- “Video shows pickup crashing into restroom at Chuck E. Cheese in Orlando.” – Click Orlando
- “Winter Garden city manager says group crashed Christmas parade.” – FOX 35
- “Bao’s Castle coming to the Sodo Shopping Center.” – Orlando Weekly
- [PAYWALL] “Murals, pianos & more: New art projects aimed at luring businesses to urban core.” – Orlando Business Journal
- [PAYWALL] “This duo is using AR to revolutionize Orlando’s art scene. Here’s how.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “Shhhh! Secret menus help Orlando restaurants cultivate customers, creativity.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Dwight Howard: Orlando Magic fans ‘got to let that shit go.'” – Slam Online
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 12/16: Homeless Person’s Memorial Service (Downtown)
- Monday 12/16: Transportation Ask Me Anything, Mayor Demmings (Online)
- Wednesday 12/18: Peek A Boo Burlesque Holiday Show (South Eola)
- Thursday 12/19: The Golden Gals – A Christmas Musical (West Orlando)
- Friday 12/20: Elf – Movie in the Park (Baldwin Park)
- Friday 12/20: The Nutcracker – Orlando Ballet (Downtown)