SPONSORED by Orlando Museum of Art: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Our latest episode of “Bungalower and The Bus” on Real Radio 104.1 has been podcasted and is available HERE. This week’s episode was recorded at Palmer’s Garden and Goods for their monthly Sip and Stroll event.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- Lucky’s Market is closing all but one store in Florida.
- There was a fire at the former Orlando Union Rescue Mission men’s shelter in Parramore but the “God Is Love” sign is safe and sound.
- Winter Park approved the Orange Avenue Overlay District and we should all be paying attention to what that means for the corridor.
- Lime has released its scooter fleet on Downtown Orlando.
- Downtown Orlando is getting a climbing gym.
- Someone dropped a giant poop on Lake Eola.
- Miami Instagram darlings, The Salty Donut, may be opening a new location in Audubon Park.
- K Restaurant in College Park has closed.
- “Orlando, the nation’s deadliest city for pedestrians, has a plan for safer streets.” – Curbed
- “Orlando’s viral Easter Bunny hero arrested for hit and run in bunny suit.” – Orlando Weekly
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “Ahead of Pro Bowl, Florida Attorney General warns about human trafficking.” – 90.7 WMFE
- “Alicia Keys to perform in Downtown Orlando.” – Bungalower
- “Dear Prudence celebrating 20th Anniversary next month.” – Bungalower
- “Developer wants to put an 8-story hotel by Lake Eola.” – Bungalower
- “Interactive map: Find the coyote sightings in your Florida neighborhood.” – Click Orlando
- “Parramore small business owners welcome growth, change to Orlando community.” Click Orlando
- “One-night-only pasta pop-up by Little Oso.” – The Daily City
- “Despite SeaWolves’ struggles MASL maintains belief in Orlando Market.” – The Mane Land
- “Watchful eye: Orlando tourism & travel industry monitors coronavirus.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “Lets-a-go, Mario! Super Nintendo World coming to Universal Studios Orlando.” – Tampa Bay Times
- “Volunteer Spotlight: Get to know Second Harvest.”
- “Opera meets Western in special performance at Cheyenne Saloon.”
- “3/2 Pool home by Leu Gardens asking $309,000.”
- “Revamped College Park home asking $539,900.”
- “New pool home in Winter Park asking $969,900.”
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Tuesday 1/28: Rethinking the City as Age-Friendly (North Quarter)
- Tuesday 1/28: Cult Classics The Shining (Maitland)
- Wednesday 1/29: Diversitastic! Dining Club – Ethiopia (I-Drive)
- Wednesday 1/29: Joyland – A Night of Storytelling (South Eola)
- Wednesday 1/29: Women of the Year Reception (Downtown)
- Friday 1/31: Bow Ties and Bourbon (Parramore)
- Friday 1/31: Power, Myth, and Memory in Africana Art (Winter Park)