This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Our latest episode of “Bungalower and The Bus” on Real Radio 104.1 has been podcasted and is available HERE. This week’s episode was recorded at Ace Cafe Orlando where they were celebrating the opening of a new outdoor performance space that they’re calling “Backyard at the Ace.”
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- Glen Gentele has stepped down as Director of Orlando Museum of Art.
- There are more scooter companies coming to Orlando, we have a list.
- The 2020/21 Broadway Season has been announced but if you want Hamilton tickets, you’ll need to get a season pass.
- Foxtail Coffee is opening a store in The Yard in Ivanhoe Village.
- Get to know our Nighttime Economy Manager, Dominique Greco.
- There’s a bus loop that connects local breweries every Saturday.
- There’s a special day next month that will let you eat brunch all day.
- “Insomniac addresses the future of EDC Orlando, and it could mean good news for the city’s music scene.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Parliament House owner says the resort is not up for auction.” – Watermark
- “Looking to ditch downtown? City agency may pay your biz to stay.” – Orlando Business Journal
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “Ginger Minj is Rozeanne in new Parliament House production.” – Bungalower
- “Swine and Sons chefs bring home the win.” – Bungalower
- “News 6 hosts Boomtown discussion on growth in Central Florida.” – Click Orlando
- “Parramore business owner works to preserve black history as area grows.” – Click Orlando
- “Safe streets are the best tool we have to combat climate change.” – Curbed
- “Daughter of Orlando pastor, anti-violence activist dies after shooting.” – FOX 35
- “Fire knocks WUCF off the air for some viewers.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Orlando’s 1950s orange-and-white Porter Paints sign removed from landmark list as Domino’s Pizza moves in.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Apopka preacher and Trump spiritual advisor tells churchgoers to pay her instead of their bills.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Massive bird migration captured on radar over Florida.” – Orlando Weekly
- “11 Reasons Orlando is America’s best college city.” – Rollins College
- “Homeowners in historic Orlando district would pay nearly $30K a piece to bury power lines, study finds.” – WFTV 9
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 2/24: Interior Design Dinner (Milk District)
- Tuesday 2/25: Fat Tuesday Block Party (Downtown)
- Tuesday 2/25: Spamilton – An American Parody (Downtown)
- Tuesday 2/25: Speed Friendly Mixer (Downtown)
- Wednesday 2/26: Orlando Stand Up Comics Roast (Milk District)
- Wednesday 2/26: Public Meeting – Packing District Roadway Improvements
- Wednesday 2/26: Unveil – Wedding Showcase (Ivanhoe Village)
- Thursday 2/27: Rozeanne – TV Land Live (West Orlando)
- Friday 2/28: Peace, Love, and Fringe (Ivanhoe Village)
- Friday 2/28: Whiskey Business (Church Street)