This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Our latest episode of “Bungalower and The Bus” on Real Radio 104.1 has been podcasted and is available HERE. This week’s episode was recorded at White Wolf Cafe in Ivanhoe Village.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- Orlando Sentinel journalists are trying to start a union in the face of a changing newsscape.
- One of three remaining Landmark Signs was just removed from the list and wrapped up in vinyl – find out why.
- Jimmy Hula’s wants to expand into Milk District with a ghost kitchen concept.
- Hungry Pants is offering brunch service this month and we got to try it out this past Sunday.
- Rollins College is celebrating Mister Rogers’ birthday all month with a special self-guided walking tour.
- Orange County has an update on that Transportation Initiative survey.
- Mecato’s Bakery and Cafe is now open downtown and everyone seems to love it.
- “Orlando in the running to host 2026 FIFA World Cup matches.” – Click Orlando
- “Orlando deputies grant 10-year-old’s wish to become a crime-fighting robot.” – WJLA
- “With a sale possible, biblical theme park Holy Land may be nearing the end of its 19-year history in Orlando.” – Orlando Sentinel
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “Cool Job Alert: Digital Marketing Specialist at Mighty Orbit.” – Bungalower
- “Cool Job Alert: Community Engagement Journalist at WMFE.” – Bungalower
- “Lake Nona launches sports-specific accelerator.” – Bungalower
- “Mayor’s Community Summit scheduled for March 7.” – Bungalower
- “Orlando’s new Packing District will reshape city landscape.” – Click Orlando
- “Leonardo 5th Avenue made-to-order suit and tux store opens in Winter Park.” – The Daily City
- “Here’s who else has applied to be UCF’s next president.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “What happened to every Florida bar featured on ‘Bar Rescue’” – Orlando Weekly
- “‘Thank you for all the love and support’: Well-known Orlando DJ returns to work after fire destroys his home.” – WFTV 9
- “The rise of ghost kitchens.” – WMFE
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 3/2: Orlando Magic vs. Portland Trail Blazers (Parramore)
- Tuesday 3/3: BBQ On The Boulevard 2020 (South Eola)
- Tuesday 3/3: Future-Ready City Master Plan Community Meeting (Parramore)
- Wednesday 3/4: Double Shot Of SoDo (SoDo District)
- Wednesday 3/4: Trixie Mattel: Grown Up (Milk District)
- Wednesday 3/4: Women Artists In The Permanent Collection (Winter Park)
- Thursday 3/5: Say No More Vol. 10 featuring Ricky Galicia (Downtown)
- Thursday 3/5: What’s Up Downtown (Parramore)
- Friday 3/6: Downtown Gap Study Meeting (Downtown)
- Friday 3/6: No Assumptions – Policy, Religion, Civil Discourse Dance Party (SoDo District)
- Friday 3/6: Postmodern Jukebox (Downtown)
- Friday 3/6: Watermark’s WAVE Awards Celebration (West Orlando)