SPONSORED: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Our latest episode of “Bungalower and The Bus” on Real Radio 104.1 has been podcasted and is available HERE. This week’s episode was recorded at Hawkers Asian Street Food in Mills 50 with guest host Sabrina Ambra from Real Radio’s The News Junkie.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- Get to know the man behind Creative Village, Craig Ustler, in this special bonus episode of “Bungalower and The Bus.”
- Orange County Public Schools upcycled old street banners with art by local school children and installed them around Lake Eola.
- Sixty Vines restaurant nearing a mid-March opening in former Kona Grill space.
- Get a guided tour of a super-haunted building in Maitland on Friday the 13th.
- There’s an event that’s all about Canadian poutine.
- The Rotary Club of College Park is back with its fourth Taste of College Park event.
- There’s a new shop specializing in “good goods” opening in Ivanhoe Village.
- “Central Florida feeling economic blows of coronavirus fears.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Democratic presidential candidates Joe Biden, Bernie Sanders in Orlando next week.” – WESH 2
- “Orlando firefighter who recorded Commissioner Regina Hill rightfully won mediation.” – West Orlando News
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “Boone High School presents ‘Kiss Me, Kate,” March 5-7.” – Bungalower
- “Great Reads: Orange County Public Library’s March book selections.” – Bungalower
- “NPR wants you to audition for a Tiny Desk concert.” – Bungalower
- “Amid coronavirus fears, Orlando conference attendees pull out.” – Click Orlando
- “Orlando police officer arrested on DUI charge.” – Click Orlando
- “Orlando students, principal self-quarantine over coronavirus concerns.” – Click Orlando
- “The King Crab Shack brings seafood boils and more to Colonialtown North.” – Hoodline
- “Disaster recovery construction skills classes earn Valencia $2 million.” – The Daily City
- “Eating in Orlando Vol. 12.” – Lemonhearted
- “New wine bar to open near downtown.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “Spin scooter squad at UCF inspires nighttime hijinks.” – Orlando Weekly
- “New virus spreads, sickens turtles in Kissimmee Chain of Lakes.” -WMFE
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Tuesday 3/10: Billie Eilish – Where Do We Go World Tour (Parramore)
- Tuesday 3/10: Taglish Filipino/American Pop-Up (Audubon Park)
- Wednesday 3/11: 35th Annual Taste of Winter Park (Winter Park)
- Wednesday 3/11: Boomtown – Chatting Growth in Central Florida (West Orlando)
- Wednesday 3/11: Orlando Solar Bears vs. South Carolina Stingrays (Parramore)
- Thursday 3/12: Future of the ‘Ford’ (Dover Shores)
- Thursday 3/12: Orlando Magic vs. Chicago Bulls (Parramore)
- Thursday 3/12: Popcorn Flicks – The Three Stooges Meet Hercules (Winter Park)
- Thursday 3/12: Thornton 2nd Thursday Wine and Art Walk (Thornton Park)
- Friday 3/13: The Heavy Supper Club – Hunger Street Tacos (Winter Park)
- Friday 3/13: Lake County Balloon Festival (Out of Bounds)
- Friday 3/13: Lit AF Tour with Martin Lawrence (Parramore)
- Friday 3/13: Paranormal Investigations at the Waterhouse Residence (Maitland)