This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Our latest episode of “Bungalower and The Bus” on Real Radio 104.1 has been podcasted and is available HERE. This week’s episode was sponsored by Morrone Interiors and their new Bespoke Furniture shop in Winter Park. Big thanks to Pig Floyd’s for feeding us during this week’s recording – click the above link to see what we ate.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- We have a running list of event cancellations and updates concerning the coronavirus and how it’s affecting local Orlando residents. We will continue to add to it through the end of the week.
- Don’t know what to do now that we’re all embracing the #socialdistancing life? We’ve got a list of fun things to do in Orlando without having to see anyone.
- Want to support local restaurants while being socially distant? Here’s a list of our favorite comfort food dishes that you can take home with you.
- Walt Disney World is closing its College Program and sending “several thousand” participants back home. They told us that they’re doing as much as they can to help international participants to purchase plane tickets home despite travel restrictions.
- There’s a new coffee/vinyl/book shop opening in South Eola – it’ll even have a recording studio in it.
- Orlando Health has changed visitor policies due to coronavirus concerns.
- The winning design was chosen for the Winter Park I-4 Ultimate onramp.
- “iHeartMedia laid off hundreds of radio DJs. Executives blame AI. DJs blame the executives.” – Washington Post
- “Universal employees will still be expected to show up to work at empty theme parks despite closures.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Andrew Gillum enters rehab for alcohol abuse.” – Orlando Sentinel
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “Mennello Museum design wins big award from Architect Magazine.” – Bungalower
- “Pine Street is getting a protected bike lane.” – Bungalower
- “VIDEO: Get an early look at Sixty Vines before it opens.” – Bungalower
- “Winter Park Commission shakes fists at sky when asked to consider scooters.” – Bungalower
- “Events at Orlando’s Amway Center have not been canceled amid coronavirus concerns.” – Click Orlando
- “Orlando passenger taken to hospital after becoming sick on Southwest flight.” – Click Orlando
- “You can find cheap flights to these places because of coronavirus concerns.” – FOX 35
- “Coronavirus: Latest Trump travel ban shrinks Orlando’s tourism pipeline.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “Former AdventHealth leader Don Jernigan dies.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “TSA worker at Orlando airport tests positive for coronavirus: report.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “Grubhub to suspend fees for independent restaurants in light of coronavirus pandemic.” – Nation’s Restaurant News
- “Move-in-ready home near Hourglass asking $415,000.”
- “3/2 home in College Park asking $475,000.”
- “Historic 2/2 Spanish Revival asking $260,000.”
- “Dubsdread wooden gem asking $599,900.”
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
In light of the CDC recommending that all gatherings off 50 or more people should be canceled or postponed throughout the country, Bungalower Media will refrain from promoting events this week.